Author Topic: Steve in an accident  (Read 3602 times)

cherie

Steve in an accident
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:02:07 am »
Received my daily email from Steve this morning and found out that his wife and him were involved in an accident.  I am happy that they are ok and were wearing their seat belts. I like the pattern he posted, but now it got me thinking into trying to design a pattern for wearing seat belts.
HAPPY YOUR OK STEVE AND KELLY (i think that is his wife's name?)

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: Steve in an accident
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:19:40 am »
OMG!  So glad to hear he and his wife are ok.  Need to take it easy for a few days.  Please keep us posted.  Prayers and thoughts to you both.

Chelcass
ChelCass

Offline Scroll42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 11:51:03 am »
Steve, we are praying for you and your wife.  Hope she has no further problems.  Thanks for all you do for us.
John

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:25:18 pm »
So sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are ok and hope your wife continues to be ok too.
But tell her to moan and groan a little even if she is ok so you will wait on her special for a few days ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 12:43:09 pm »
Steve, sorry to hear of your accident and happy neither of you were seriously injured. Take it slow for awhile and sit back and relax.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:20:19 pm »
Steve, glad to hear you're both OK!!
take it easy and take good care of your self.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:48:10 pm »
Glad no one was hurt Steve and you both OK, thanks for all you do for everyone here.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 02:06:22 pm »
Glad there was no additional damage to Mrs. Boss's cervical structure.
Having had a similar thing happen I know you will be sore for a few days.

Don't you love it when that big ol' step-bumper is attached to the frame and some dinky vehicle hits that sucker and does all the damage to itself!

Good Luck with all the mess you have to go through now.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 02:59:20 pm »
Sorry to hear of your accident, Steve, but glad you and the wife are ok.  Just hope there isn't something that shows up a few days later from the whip lash.  That can be very painful.

I had a very similar accident about a year ago.  Sitting stopped at a light in my Honda Pilot when a lady rear ended me.  Said she was only going about 20 or so, and hadn't seen me.  I'm still not sure how you miss a big SUV sitting in front of you!  BTW, it totaled her car too, and I had to replace the rear bumper on the Pilot.

Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

SheGold

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 04:48:34 pm »
Prayers for Mr. and Mrs. Steve... Hope all goes well for them. Sometimes you wish you could drive a tank. Speedy recovery to both.. Sheila

cherie

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 05:00:07 pm »
Here is the original email:

Its been a long day for my wife and I. We went to lunch with friends and on the way home we were in an accident. Luckily everyone is okay but my wife had to make a trip in an ambulance to the hospital. She has previous neck injuries that has left her on disability and when we were rear ended she had quite a whiplash.

After a few hours in the ER including a CT scan and X-rays they decided there were no further injury. That was great news but of course there has to be more follow up with her surgeon so we have to keep our fingers crossed a little longer.

The whole incident gave me an up close look at our local Police, Fire and EMTs. It's hard to understand how much you appreciate these guys until you need them quickly. The first police cruiser was onsite within a couple minutes of the accident. The firetruck was only a couple minutes after that. The first officer onsite was quick to get things under control and reassure my wife and I that more help was on the way. The firemen took immediate measure to protect my wife's neck and make sure she was as comfortable as possible. When the EMT's arrived they took over and got her to the hospital quickly.

I drive a Ford F150 Suprecrew and I have to say it held up like a tank. The car that rear ended us had major front end damage but my truck looked undamaged until close inspection. The rear bumper will have to be replaced but unless there is frame damage that's about all that will be needed.

I'm also a big believer in seat belts and today makes me even more so. My wife would have been in the windshield with out the seat belt. We were at a stop and the car that hit us was traveling 20 to 30 mph. The impact was pretty hard.I don't even put a car in drive until everyone has there seat belt buckled. If your reading this please use your seat belt. I truly believe it prevented major injury to my wife and possibly myself today.

I just want to publicly say thanks to the Lexington KY Police, Fire and EMT departments.   

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 05:46:56 pm »
So glad to hear that you both are un-injured in the accident. Take it easy for the next few days and YES seatbelts work. They are manditory in this province, and you will get a hefty fine if caught driving without the beatbelt engaged. Of course I am NOT speaking from experience.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

rob roy

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 06:36:41 pm »
Hi there Mr and Mrs Steve,glad to hear you are both OK. Good old seat belts,they prevent otherwise serious injury, (speaking from experience). Seat belts are mandatory here in Scotland and in fact the whole of the UK. Serious fines if you are caught driving without them. Best wishes for a quick recovery and thank you for all you do for us.
Rob Roy.

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 08:26:24 pm »
I am so relieved that the accident was not worse.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and kyour wife.  Let know we think very highly of her for leffting you get involved with our family.  We wish speedy revovery to her.  Jeff

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 01:48:40 am »
Hearing of the accident was a shock Steve, but it is surely a relief to hear you were both ok!  Wishing you all the best!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SMF

Teknoromi