Author Topic: Bad Days  (Read 3391 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Bad Days
« on: April 22, 2012, 02:19:15 am »
I've had a terrible 2 or 3 days.  Firstly I had to drive my youngest daughter to Hospital on Thursday night because her husband and hospitals just don't mix.  Left there at 2.00am in the morning, had to leave my daughter there.  My husband collected the grandchildren at 6.30 the next day so that I could look after them because they had a day off school.  I was busy running around getting something for one of them when I fell over a cord and hurt my hand.  I decided that nothing was broken and even though it hurt quite a bit I carried on as usual.  Took the kids to see their mum and had to leave her there another night.  Got up yesterday and I had this big fat swollen hand that I can't do much with.  Daughters out of hospital now and I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I really hope I have not done to much damage and that it IS just swollen.

Marg

MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Days
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:19:32 am »
I hope so to Marg, but a fat swollen hand isn't a good indicator you may have broken one of those little bones. Be careful girl and I hope your daughter is doing well and getting back on her own feet.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:22:31 am »
So sorry to read this today, Marg!  I hope things start looking up soon.  Just try to take is as slow as you can and don't overwhelm yourself.  Please keep us posted.  My best to you and your family.

(((HUGS))) Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:19:18 am »
Sorry to hear you hurt your hand, Marg.  Let us know what the doc says.  Glad to hear your daughter is out of the hospital and doing better.  Tell your son-in-law from me to take a big boy pill.  Grown ups sometimes have to do things they don't want to.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 08:45:39 am »
Best of Luck to ya girl.  Hope the hand incident is nothing serious.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:59:45 am »
I am so sorry, I hope that things imporve for you soon! Good luck at the doctors.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 10:46:44 am »
Oh Marg, I so sorry.  When it rains it pours.  Happy to hear your daughter is out of the hospital and on the road to recovery.  Give SIL a boot in the shorts and tell him to get over the Hospital averstion.  Have you tried soaking your hand in a bucket of water and ice?  It should help take some of the swelling down till you see the doctor.

God Bless, Chels
ChelCass

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 12:30:58 pm »
Sorry for your troubles. Guess they keep us humble enough to appreciate the good times.
Keep us posted on the hand.  Cold water and deep breaths.  Glad your daughter is better.
Remind that SIL "for better or worse"
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 12:38:43 pm »
Hey Marg, I hope things get better for you. Put an ice pack on your hand and I hope you wont be wearing a cast! You have a very large family here, so lots of thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family.
Dan In Southern California

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »
Marg....Our best for your daughter AND your wrist. Take it easy....Hope it's not the hand you use the most.
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 01:51:25 pm »
Glad your daughter is well enough to leave hospital, wish her a speedy recovery, and that goes for you too, hope you not done anything too bad to your hand. keep us posted.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 02:12:58 pm »
Take it from ol' Doc ED....ICE it! Keep that swelling down and take some asprinor similar until you get to the Dr.

Hope it ain't broke so he don't have to fix it!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SheGold

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 04:45:43 pm »
Well Marg ice the hand and put your foot down to the SIL. Prayers for your daughter and you.. Sheila

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 05:51:31 pm »
Sorry to hear of all your bad luck. I hope things turn around for you and your family soon. Keep ice to your hand to being the swelling down. . You do not need nerve damage on top of everything else
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

rob roy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 06:25:24 pm »
Hi Marg, sorry to hear of your problems. Glad to hear your daughter is doing fine. As for you, young lady, as everyone says,get that hand in the ice bucket and let's hope nothing is broken. Time your SIL got a set of b***s. lol. Get better soon. Best wishes to the family.
Rob Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi