Author Topic: Happy Anniversary!  (Read 1769 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Happy Anniversary!
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:12:33 am »
This is the second anniversary of this great forum! I have met wonderful folks from around the world and consider many of you personal friends.
I visit several other forums, but consider this forum Home! Thanks to Steve Good for starting this great forum and to Russ for keeping this place sane.
So I would like to propose a toast... Here's to old friends, and to new friends and to Steve and Russ, May we stay a family for many years to come! At 5:00 pm pacific, 8:00 pm east coast time, lets hoist a cold one! for those of you around the world, you do the math.
Happy anniversary everyone!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:28:48 am »
Holy Whistlebritches!

Are we really 2 years old?  Seems like only 2 hours ago that I found that this was going on and have been virtually living here with my favorite people in the whole world ever since!

I'm a little late but I didn't get in on the first day so on MY 2nd anniversary I toast Steve Good, Russ C, and each and every one of my "OnLine Family"!

Bottoms Up!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:43:28 am »
I'll drink to that!!!!
you are right Dan, this is "home" for scrolling!
great family and friends over-here.
thanks to Steve and all the others who make this forum work so great!!

so I say:  cheers  ;D
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:56:46 am »
Happy Birthday to us. i know many years will follow. Thanks for the wonderfull place. I rise up the glass and say Prost.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 02:05:22 am »
Happy Birthday to us.  Yes I was here are the beginning too, but I disappeared for awhile but I'm glad I came back.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SheGold

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:09:43 am »
Wow I missed alot but Happy Birthday to the greatest place on the internet. Thanks Steve and Russ... Sheila

rob roy

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 06:01:10 am »
Happy birthday to all. Another fine excuse to fill a glass with our National beverage and toast all the friends I have made here from all over the World.
This is for you DG, (Google it), and everyone else on the forum. As we say in our part of the world. HERE'S TAE US WHA'S LIKE US DAMN FEW AND THEIR A' DEID. LOL. Have a good day all and a big thank you goes to Steve and RUSS for a great forum.
Rob Roy

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 07:26:00 am »
Wow! Has it been 2 years???  I get up, make my coffee, check my e-mail and then come here to see what everybody's doing.  It's been my routine since the beginning.  We've been blessed enough to come together as friends and be a part of each others lives.  I would never have guessed that I would have great friends that I would never come eye to eye with.  Many thanks to Steve and Russ for making this a great place to start my mornings.

Mainewoods

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 07:26:45 am »
As my wife likes to point out, I visit this site several times a day.  At first it was just to get information about scrolling, as well as ideas and techniques for finishing my projects.  It didn't take long before I was coming here just to see what's been going on.  Although I'm a member on a couple other sites, I've never posted anywhere but here.  I've never felt like I was among strangers here, and nobody ever came across as being too good to help someone else out.

Happy Community Birthday to all of us, and again, a big THANK YOU to Steve and Russ!

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 08:00:44 am »
Happy Birthday to all, and I'll second every word said in the previous posts, I'll raise my glass in a toast to Steve and Russ and also the best family a person could ask for - CHEERS everyone.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 09:11:41 am »
It?s hard to believe it?s been two years already. I?ve been here since the beginning and have to say I?ve enjoyed every minute of it.
A big thanks to Steve for starting this forum, to Russ for all he puts up with and to all the unselfish members that are willing to share their knowledge helping others,
At 5:00pm this evening I?ll be thinking about all the great people here and around the world that call this place home.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:45:01 am »
I have been a member for only about 4 months, but, ya'll have made me feel part of the "family of scrolling", not a "potential" member. From day one, I received many nice replys from my first post and have certainly received help and advice and encouragement from  this forum family! Thanks to Steve and all the others who put this thing together and for all the time they put in to keep it up and running! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:50:26 am »
I'm in!  Been here since the beginning like many of you and check in several times most days.  I'm not too good with time zones so just to be safe I may drink that toast hourly from 5 to10 tonight (just to be safe of course).

Happy Anniversary friends!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 10:30:20 am »
Well,  I didn't make last night soooooooooooooooo  ::) 5:00 here I come to toast Steve, Russ and the friendliest site in the world.  Happy Anniversary everyone..Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:11:56 am »
CROWN ROYAL! Nothing but the best for this group!  Happy Bithday to us.
THANK YOU ALL for being there for me.
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi