Author Topic: EX21 again  (Read 2070 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
EX21 again
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:33:41 am »
When I first got my EX21 and I would put the blade in and clamp it up it stayed straight now it hooks like a hockey stick.  I don't fasten it too tight.  I noticed today with a new blade that when I just put it in the top clamp the whole blade kinked to one side dramatically, you had to pull it back to attach it to the bottom clamps.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it???????

Marg 
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: EX21 again
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:43:30 am »
There is a little grub screw on the opposite side to your clamp screw, this tends to vibrate loose, if it has worked itself out a bit then the other clamp screw can push the blade into the hole causing it to bend. Check if it has come out a bit (I think it what is used to adjust the blade to vertical) if it has then screw it in a bit , once it is clamping without bending the blade then you will need to check the blade is vertical, and adjust as necessary. Hope this helps Marg

Keith.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 07:31:16 am »
And once you have the grub screw in the right place, a bit of Locktite (blue, not red) will keep it in place.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:46:42 am »
Thanks guys I will give it ago the next time I'm out there.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi