Author Topic: Quite  (Read 2580 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Quite
« on: April 11, 2012, 02:01:07 am »
It seems a bit quite at the moment anyone know why?  ??? I know there's a few regulars that haven't been around for a while but there's normally alot more activity than this?  Anyone know any jokes? :D  I can't think of any at the moment.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Quite
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:14:22 am »
I used to like 'political' jokes but then most of them got elected!

Sorry Marge but I have been busy proofreading for 'pay'!

Maybe in a few days I will be back to 'form'!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

rob roy

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:19:52 am »
Hi Marge, Two Grandchildren and Easter keeps you busy. God bless them.LOL
But as you say the forum is strangely quiet.
Rob Roy.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 05:49:31 am »
Maybe when the uploading the photo issue gets resolved more people will post their work.

Don

SheGold

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:52:25 am »
It is quiet and I'm missing Gabby and his jokes.. Come on folks start posting something please... Sheila

daliclimbs

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 08:52:09 am »
I haven't been on in a while.. been really busy! Couple shows... getting ready for more shows... and now I have to cut grass again....  :D

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:06 am »
I'm here ;D Been busy scooping horse poop and yard work.  Now it turned back to winter here in ND.  >:(
Been cutting my critter pals.   Not much fun to do but money makers and I am greedy.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:01 pm »
It is very quiet,
You wanted a joke ;D ;D

One day three very good friends, Turnip, Cabbage and Carrot went for a drive. They were cruising along when all of a sudden there was a terrible accident. Turnip woke up in a ditch he called for his friend Cabbage and got a moan from the bushes and Cabbage called back that he was not hurt too bad.  Then Turnip went looking for Carrrot and after a while he returned to Cabbage and reported to Cabbage that he had found Carrot but he was beat up pretty bad and that he suspected that if Carrot survived he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life. ;D ;D

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:46:41 pm by cdrover »
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
Another one.
A university professor was trying to illustrate to his engineering class the idea of fullness.
He took a one gallon bottle and filled it to the brim with one inch marbles, and asked the class if the jar was full. To which the class agreed that it was. He then took some course sand and added that to the bottle and again asked , is the jar full. Again the class responded that it was. He then took some finer sand and added it to the bottle and again asked the question, and the class cautiously  responed that indeed it was full now.. To the classes astonishment the professor took two beers out from under the desk and added them to the jar without spilling a drop. One more time he asked the class if the jar was full. The class did not respond for fear of being wrong. Seeing their suspicion the professor with a big smile said that indeed the jar was completely full now. The moral of the story is,
 " No matter how full you think something is, there is always room for a couple of beers".. ;D ;D ;D ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:25 pm »
I like the last one. so did dad when I read it to him. ;D ;D
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 02:42:06 pm »
Here you go, just for Marg and Sheila.

Anniversary wishes.
A married couple in their early 60s was out celebrating their 35th wedding
anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table and said, "For being such an exemplary married couple and for being faithful to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish."

"Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband," said the wife.

The fairy waved her magic wand and poof! - two tickets for The Queen Mary II luxury liner appeared in her hands.

Then it was the husband's turn.

He thought for a moment and said: "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."

The wife and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.......So the fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! The husband became 92 years old.

The moral of the story:

Men who are ungrateful pigs

should remember fairies are female 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:44:55 pm by Keefie »
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SheGold

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »
Cute ones for sure. I needed a laugh today... Thanks... Sheila

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »
couple good ones there LOL

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 02:50:43 am »
Thanks for the laughs guys, they were very good.  :D :D :D :D :D  I love a good laugh. 

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi