Author Topic: Bad news for NASCAR fans  (Read 892 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Bad news for NASCAR fans
« on: March 25, 2012, 11:18:47 am »
Sunny Southern California is NOT! It is supposed to rain all day today! The race is in Fontana CA., about 95 miles east from here. There is a big storm coming in and should last all day. Although it hasn't started yet, the forecast is for rain the whole day. I doubt they will even get the race started.
Dan In Southern California

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
Re: Bad news for NASCAR fans
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:32:38 pm »
I sure miss the sunshine. But we need the rain. I have to work anyway.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 06:24:48 pm »
Well, they did get the race started as the rain held off till just past half way. Tony Stewart won as he was in the lead when they did call the the race. Congratulations Russ!

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:17:26 pm »
DO they stop the race when rain comes in?
Oh, this is the oval racing thingy right? It's probably better to stop that, yes.

Just wondering because I watched the Formula 1 race on the weekend (in Malaysia) and they just made a break during the worst rain and proceeded as it become better.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:19:39 pm by Torsten »

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »
Yes Torsten they don't race NASCAR cars in the rain. They don't have windshield wipers, and the tires don't have treads so as soon as there is any moisture on the track the tires start slipping, So they stop the race until they can dry the track. If they can't dry the track the race will run the next day unless they reached the half way mark, then the driver in the lead when the race was called wins th race.

SMF

Teknoromi