Author Topic: 3 days work on my new saw.  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
3 days work on my new saw.
« on: March 17, 2012, 12:18:42 pm »
Well it looks like Axminster came through, I'm now on my 6th saw and it's working perfectly. They never managed to sort out the EX16, either too much vibration or way too much North/South and East/West blade movement. They upgraded me to an EX21 free of charge. It was too long to fit my workbench where the 16 used to be, so I have utilised an old bandsaw stand untill the correct tables come in stock. I still have a slight north/south blade movement but only approx 1mm , it not causing any problems with the cutting except on really tight turns when it makes the wood shake a little.I have now cut 7 items on it and there isnt a mark on the table surface, the old saws were getting scratched to hell as I had to hold down the wood so hard to stop it jumping around all over the place where the blade was out of alignment. I have attatched picture of a few bits made on the new saw over the last three days.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

malc

Re: 3 days work on my new saw.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 01:04:42 pm »
Nice work! Glad the new saw is OK.
Malc

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »
Glad you finally got something that worked out.  Those projects look great.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »
Very nice cuttings there Keffie! I'm glad you got it sorted out. Now that you have a good working saw, how do you like it?
Dan In Southern California

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »
nice work glad the new saw is working out for you.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 04:55:29 pm »
Glad the EX21 is working out for you, nice upgrade.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 05:25:01 pm »
Hi DG, saw is great, a pleasure to cut with. I can only sit at the saw for short periods, about 20 minutes, then I have to get up and walk round for a bit because of my knee locking up, but even with that limitation I have managed to cut and finish 7 items in 3 days. I couldn't have done that on the other ones. All I can say is Thank You Axminster for not giving up, and getting it sorted for me. Their customer service is excellent.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 06:11:14 pm »
They look great Keffie, nice work. Thanks for sharing with us.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »
Nice looking work.  I personally like the ship, might have to try that one some time.

Thanks for sharing.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 11:34:58 pm »
nice job on these. I am glad you got your saw situation worked out. It is nice to hear that there are a few places left that have good customer service.

SheGold

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 03:19:08 am »
Very well done Keefie... Glad you got the saw straightened out.. Now all thats left is saw dust... Sheila

Marshall

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 03:34:28 am »
Good work , cannot give credit to the saw only - the person behind it does make the difference also .......MB

Offline woodworker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:38 am »
good to see you got it sorted out after going thru all these saw's.you have done a very nice job on the pattern's too. can i ask you ,did you use pattern's of the dog's head's,and insert them into the frames yourself,or find the pattern's already done,if so,where could i get some.thankyou for any help-----dave

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:21 am »
Dave, I saw them for sale at a craft fair, the bloke said he designed them himself when I asked where to buy a pattern. I asked him if he minded me taking a picture and trying to use it as a pattern, so thats what I did. They were all cut from a printed photo.

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 08:29:49 am »
Very nice work! I am glad you got a very good customer service :) in my case i am still awaiting for a part from proxxon ,saw out of commission since jan :(. Hopefully it should be sorted out soon. Thanks for sharing.
mahendra

SMF

Teknoromi