Author Topic: A dog's love.  (Read 943 times)

stipes

A dog's love.
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:20:04 pm »
I dont know how anyone else feel about the gift of a love from a pet. I want to post this pic. on here but dont understand how to, so I will on the gallery, and If it gets deleted, I will understand.
    Mr. Pixie. Now folks. He was born in Hanover Pa. 17 years ago. My better half got him from this older lady in Hanover,That old woman pretty much musta beat him when he was a pup cause I can get a fly swatter and soon as he see I get it in my hand he would run away so fast. I tryed to teach him from being scared, but it's something I cant explane, he musta had a hard life as a puppy..
    Sometimes you wonder if your missed after a hard night at work, come home, take your cloths off to get a shower before bed, and I walk in and see this alot of mornings before I lay down to sleep...
     Peace and love to all....

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: A dog's love.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:25:14 pm »
Hey Stipes, I know just what you mean. I purposely lay my cloths in a nice pile next to the bed. I know my little buddy Stuart will sleep there all night!
Dan In Southern California

dirts

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:14:52 pm »
Stipes each and everyone of my dogs have been a God sent.
I now have Sodra and Skadi.  A mother and daughter team from the pound. The owner let Sodra have 7 pups at 17 months old.
I knew she was being depleted of her growth nutrition by suckling the pups so I began making fresh ground whole wheat treats and I added Nutritional yeast, cranberries, ground flax seed, ground sunflower seeds  and sesame seeds.  I now make it into whole wheat bread which I share with them each morning.  I also give them a can of sardines once or twice a week  for Omega 3.  These two are my Swedish physical trainers.  Everyday we walk at least 2 miles and they never go the same pace or direction so I'm not allowed to develop memory steps.  My last Siberian Husky had me listening to Heavy metal just to keep up with her.  You pace your walk to the beat your listening to.  I started with Classical.
I take them out to the college and use a ball launcher.  Skadi is the fastest dog I have ever had.  She usually always catches the ball on the first bounce. Skadi is beagle and lab like her mother but has Husky from her father.  Shes the best grouse dog I've ever had and the most cuddly affectionite dog I've had.  My dogs were my therapy during my law enforcement career.  After a bad event the licks and wagging tails stepped up because they sensed it. A dogs love is a Rx.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:43:50 pm by dirts »

chief

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:48:59 am »
Yeah my puppies are the best, well thats pushing it.  I sure do love them and they love me.  I really liked coming home from work and listening to my Shar Pei whine until I let him in the house and he got to lick my face.  He is spoiled rotten and is the best kid i got.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 08:55:44 am »
Even had Grampa design a pattern from a photo of my dog.  At least she doesn't care if I go work in the garage, and she goes crazy when I come home.

Thanks again Grampa.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »
I love your picture of Pixie.  There is nothing to forgive.  She knows as long as she is laying on your clothes you can't go anywhere without her knowing it. 

When you have a friend that you have loved for 17 years it is so very hard to know you are going to lose them shortly.  Remember all the *good* time and it will warm your heart in the future.  Think about creamation when the time comes, this will keep her close, I have done this and it's make a big difference in getting thru your sorrow. 

God Bless, Chelcass
ChelCass

SMF

Teknoromi