Author Topic: What type of stuff sells well?  (Read 1170 times)

wntrrwd

What type of stuff sells well?
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:55 am »
I know that is a generic question but would like some ideas on what items sell. (know it varies for areas also.) I have not worked for the last year. Our 1 year old is a special needs baby and my wife had the job with the benifets so I was the one who stayed home. Not complaining because God has blessed us this last year. But if there is a way I can bring in some money into the house I want to. I don't have a lot of extra time to really work on cutting half hour to an hour through out the day. (If I'm lucky and the moon and the stars are in perfect alignment.) So I am thinking little items that are easy to cut. Thanks for any ideas.

Dawie

Re: What type of stuff sells well?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:26 am »
I found that even the simplest of puzzles tend to sell well. The simple family groups of animals are almost always a favourite and somehow around here people seem to like penguins, don't know why.
Hope this is of help. If you want some idea on what puzzles I mean you can check them on my website under gallery and then you guessed puzzles. www.woodwormworkshop.webs.com
Great that you are taking care if your child. Hope God continues to bless you and your family.
David

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:40:42 am »
In addition to the animal group puzzles David mentioned, crosses always sell well.  Small trinket boxes also. 

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:23:46 pm »
My best selling item last year was Rubber band shooting guns.  I sell them for $5 each and make them of free scrap MDF.  Making them 20+ at a time I can complete them at four per hour.  (Do the math).  I wish I could sell them that fast.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

tux_linux

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 02:17:57 pm »
Depends on the show and where you live.

In Germany people like the simpler thinks more. Not to much fretwork, not too fine. More the basic stuff, that is what sells well.

Shows can be very different - and one never knows what sells best before.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »
If it is your first show make sure you have plenty of variety, after you have done a few you will see what is selling and also make sure you have some thing new all the time, jigsaws and kids stuff always sells well for Christmas so keep that in mind have some but don't over load at this time of year
Jimbo

thumbs

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 08:05:32 am »
Mark, here in Iowa John Wayne sells real well--I have done about 7 shows now and I always sell out- also crosses of all types, small cars made from 2x4's--well you can get my drift--keep it simple and inexpensive--You would get more for your work in a big city--Richard aka thumbs :o :o.

tux_linux

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 08:49:57 am »
and depending on the time on year is Eastern already the theme. Also spring, some light green colors and I would definitely try to go for some flower stuff.

SMF

Teknoromi