Author Topic: Wood Heaven  (Read 1222 times)

Offline RFortier

• View Profile
    • Sparetime Scroller
Wood Heaven
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:21 pm »
I want to put in a big plug for Ocooch Hardwoods in southwest Wisconsin. I know many of you have ordered from them and I've never heard a bad word. I have the good fortune to live just 50 miles from them and I visited them today to buy some wood and save the shipping. They don't have a store as such, they use a couple of rooms in an old farmhouse for the scroll saw wood (they are also a millwork company). They have sooo much beautiful wood there, I was like a kid in a candy store. They are a very friendly family. I'll definitely go back. Consider them for your next wood order.

Ray F

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Wood Heaven
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »
Well Ray, What did you get?
Dan In Southern California

Offline RFortier

• View Profile
    • Sparetime Scroller
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 03:05:15 pm »
I picked up a few clock patterns by Dan Wilckens and I found some great walnut, maple, cherry and padauk in 1/8", 1/4" and 1/2". Ocooch has a good variety and widths up to 8", which I seem to have trouble finding at other places. I love those clock patterns - very fancy looking for mini clocks. I'll post some pics when I've got a few done.

Ray F

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »
Thanks Ray. When I have to order wood, I order from Ocooch and have never been disappointed!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:34 pm »
Just ordered from Ocooch.  I hope it is as good as you folks state it is.  Looking forward to cutting.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

SMF

Teknoromi