Author Topic: Forks over Knives  (Read 1157 times)

dirts

Forks over Knives
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:27:49 pm »
This video is a must see for your health and for those you love.
Two doctors come together.  One researcher was doing the China study and the other was doing lab research and the effects of diet and disease.  The one doctor wanted human patients for his studies and he got 20 patients who were at life threatening stages of life. One women was told by her doctor to go home and get things in order and wait.  If I recall correctly she is running Marathons now.  It runs about as long as it takes to wait in the waiting room for a doctors appointment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ijukNzlUg

Food for thought.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:20:09 pm by dirts »

tux_linux

Re: Forks over Knives
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:54:53 pm »
...A fortune for a link!?

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:02:39 am »
I'd eat more vegies but I'm usually too full from the meat.

But I do agree that we eat too much meat. I skipped the sausage this morning and ate an apple.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

dirts

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 02:14:01 pm »
Thats awesome Dan.  I lost fifty pounds by just restricting my meat or just my portions of meat.  I cook stir fries most nights of the week.  Meat is just a flavoring.  I use a half a chicken breast for three people and always brown rice.  I was reading a book written by a Asian medicine doctor who is an american and studied in China.  His comment was that Americans have to quite feeding their tongue and should feed their body.

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:06:54 am »
We also have a fat problem in the UK, the governments answer is to take away all our jobs and put up the price of food simple. Oh sorry except for the Bankers that is. Iggy
Frustration is the food of invention.

rob roy

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:42:26 am »
Agree with you wholeheartedly Iggy. Time for a change?????.
Roy.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 01:47:17 am »
Same thing over here. Must be the same world wide.  I eats all my vegies and not much meat but I still put weight on.  Go figure.  :D

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

dirts

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 01:19:44 pm »
I went through the VA move program for life changing weight loss and the instructor said that she went to a conference where she learned that they tested three groups for weight loss.
One group just dieted, one dieted and worked out and the other just worked out.  The weight loss was no different between the ones that dieted and the ones that dieted and worked out.

SMF

Teknoromi