Author Topic: Dust Collection  (Read 778 times)

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
Dust Collection
« on: February 07, 2012, 08:38:45 pm »
Anyone use a Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone with their DC. My experiment with making a Thein seperator to use with my HF DC does not work very well so thinking about trying the Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone, it would save a lot of time. Does 4" flex hose fit directly onto the Oneida Air Super Dust Deputy cyclone?

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Dust Collection
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:30:04 pm »
Hey Bob, I have not used the dust deputy for dust collectors, But I recently got a dust deputy for my shop vac. I am surprised at how well it works! I cleaned the canister and filter of the shop vac, and have used it for about a week now. The five gallon bucket of the D.D. is now half full of fine sanding dust. There is nothing in the canister of the shop vac and very little on the filter!
I do have a home made chip separator in front of my dust collector. It consists of a 30 gallon fiber drum with a steel lid. I used plumbing fittings to mount the hoses to the lid. Here is a kit of fitting to do the same thing:http://www.ptreeusa.com/dusthose.htm.
This system works very well. I do a lot or re-sawing and planing, and I only have to clean the dust collector bags about once a year. I dump the barrel about twice a month.
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi