Author Topic: I dont know what to say....  (Read 1629 times)

stipes

I dont know what to say....
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:14:37 pm »
I dont mean this to be a depressing message,,I dont want this to be a Oh,,I feel sorry for you thread...I just had a really bad new years and finally getting back to my old self and wanting to work in my shop again....I dont know if anyone else been tru this,,but I found my best friend on new years eve ,,shot himself to death....I been living like a zombie for the past few weeks and I couldnt even go to my work for a couple of weeks...
      I guess you wonder why I posted this ... I know religion is very personal with all of us...I just wanted to ask just one favor,,that is to pray for my friend that he is at peace.... I cant ever understand why he did that to himself especially when we was so close and he never said anything that would have made me sence it..I hope you all understand why I posted this...
      Peace and love to all... Jesse...   

jason03151980

Re: I dont know what to say....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:33:45 pm »
talking about it helps u heal some what  but with the nature of how his life was taking trust me i fully understand where your coming from  2010 my father took his own life this is part of your healing i only hope u keep the faith in the lords hand and know that your friend is in a better place he is at peace with himself  u know what kind of man he was so stay positive to your feirnds life and what all he and u have ever done togother belive in him and belive in God he will guide u through this horriable part of your life

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:00:08 pm »
Hi Jesse,
this is a major thing you are going through.
I don't have experience in such a close range, did had a relative who took his own life a few years ago.
its awful what happened and lots of questions probably will be open for ever.
I think it's good to tell people what's on your mind.
I know that sharing is one of the ways coming back on track.
we as your scroll saw friends are hear to help if we can.
we will be a listening ear or maybe give a helpful answer.
take your time!
so your message isn't depressing, it takes courage to do so and I'll remember it in my prayers.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:25:26 pm »
I agree with Marcellarius , I think it's good to talk /share your feelings with friends and family, especially in this sort of situation, and as one member of your "extended family" I would like to say we're here to help in any way we can. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »
Let it out. We all need an outlet for the things in our life. I have to keep a notebook because I'm not allowed to mention about many things that bother me due to my current occupation. It is difficult, but find something that works and use it to the fullest. We'll be here for you and anyone else. You are amoung friends in this community.

daliclimbs

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »
Tough stuff I know. My family has been through it as well. The old saying "time heals all wounds" may seem grossly cliche.. but in these terms it is true. As time passes you will come to terms with the situation. Discussion with friends and loved ones is the best medicine. Its great that your sharing Your feelings. Continue to do so and time will mend. It will never leave you, but you will come to terms and find peace. God bless!

stipes

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 01:46:24 pm »
Thank you all so much....I appreciate you all lettin me say my peace and understand where I'm coming from. I know we never met in person, maybe one day we all can meet,,,but you can tell with peoples words what kinda a folks they are and there are alot of wonderfull people on this forum that shares their tallents to others and never ask for anything back. This day in age that means alot..... I dont mean to be a complete stranger to sound like a nut case, but I do ,,and trusted all that is on here and maybe one day I can give back to all that others have shared..
      Ya know,,my foreman at work and I talked earlyer this week , we sat down with a cup of coffee and just talked...We both gonna be 50 years old this year ... I told him I wanna stick around awhile for the ride and see what happens in this life....Tomorrow is never a giving.... I'm doing better each day...Finally jokeing and giving the younguns at work a hard time again..I'll get tru this in time but still there will be this sadness in my heart that my friend ,,we suppose to grow old together and see our Grandkids together...
      I wish everyone a wonderfull weekend to come.. Thank you all again... Jesse.........

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »
I offer condolences and pass on to you this proverb...

"Joy Shared is twice the Joy, but Sorrow shared is Half the Sorrow"

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 01:31:54 am »
Jesse have you thought about counseling, maybe speaking to a complete stranger make help you more.  You are going to be asking yourself lots of questions that you will never find answers to and you need to forgive your friend, once you have done that you will be half way there.  We are here for you when you need us just remember that.

Marg ((((HUGS))))
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi