Author Topic: Scheppach Decoflex  (Read 2754 times)

Dawie

Scheppach Decoflex
« on: February 01, 2012, 05:14:15 pm »
Hi Guys,
My Proxon has now really died and cannot be resurrected again. So was searching out the web for something I can afford, but also tics some of my want boxes  ;). Came across this little saw see link :http://www.toolnation.nl/scheppach-decoflex-figuurzaag.html
My American friends remember I am in the Netherlands where we do not have as much choice as you have, so please bear with me on this.
Anybody heared or used anything named Scheppach? It looks a resonable saw to me for the price.
David

rob roy

Re: Scheppach Decoflex
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 06:44:17 pm »
Hi Dawie, I had a Scheppach table saw for years and it was built like a battleship and was very smooth in use. I know it is not a scroller,but the build quality was excellent. The only thing I would say is double check it's not a re badged Chinese unit. Hope this helps Dawie.
Rob Roy.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:07 pm »
Hey David, It looks like several other saws on the market. I guarantee it is made in China. I don't read Dutch, so I can't tell what the features are, But check to see if it takes plain end blades and hopefully it does not require adapters to mount plain end blades. See if you can find reviews on this saw.
Good luck!
Dan In Southern California

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:28:37 pm »
Scheppach used to make top of the line band saws and table saws but I think they are now being made in Asia and do not know what the quality would be like, I know the price has dropped in NZ for their product so may be the quality has as well
Jimbo

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:42:45 am »
Thanks guys. I will see if I can find out a bit more on this saw. It takes both pinnned and normal blades and according to the description has a special building clasp for spiral blades. I'll let you know what I did and if I buy it will report on how it works. Comes with a 2 year guarantee.
David.

Dawie

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:25:03 am »
Read about 10 reviews now. Mostly very positive. Have not been able to find where the saw is actually made. So am now in two minds. Thinking that I might just venture it, might phone the dealer just to check on the clamps.
David.

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:34 am »
I have a Scheppach Deco 405, the big sister to the one you are looking at. It does not have the extra drive though. It does have an accurate L/R 45degree swing it can take Pin ends and is very robust. They are made in the far East. I think I am right in saying that Scheppach bought the Deco brand and started painting them Yellow. On mine, the speed control and On/Off switch are very handy at the front but Tension is at the back, not a good idea, changing blades is a pain as there is not much room under the table, you need an extended hex key to do it. Also the light breaks often as it vibrates the filament to bits at the higher speeds. The one I have has served me well but is sat under the bench now doing nothing. It is only a year old but would be no good to you as it is 240v.
Frustration is the food of invention.

normcat

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 07:12:43 am »
Dawie,

I don't know your budget but check out Axminster Tool Center, they have a selection of saws at various prices and their service is second to none. I know they are in England but they will ship anywhere.

Norrie

Dawie

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 07:35:42 am »
Thanks normcat,
Last time I looked England was still only across the channel  ;), so that is certainly an option. Need to calculate and think.
David

SMF

Teknoromi