Author Topic: My EX arrived yesterday.  (Read 1761 times)

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
My EX arrived yesterday.
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:55:32 pm »
My new EX arrived yesterday, just 2 hrs. Before the new bed so the flack from her in draws did not last too long. Because of the bed, I didn?t get to open the box until this morning, only one word to describe it AWSOME. After examining it for ? an hour, decided to take off the stupid little dust shoot, hold-down and the underside blade protector. I consider these saws pretty safe compared to my other stuff like the floor saw, band saw, Woodrat and router table etc. I then made a base from some ?? faced ply and made a contraption to hold my 4? magnifier from above the saw and connected to the upper arm via the hole left by the removal of the hold-down. It consists of a 3/8? rod ground down at one end to fit the hold-down hole, it is just long enough to hold the magnifier about ?? above the table. I then fitted a 1?sq piece of oak at right angles to the top about 5? long to allow the magnifier to hang between me and the business end of the saw. I figured that fitting it to the top arm means that it will move out of the way when I move the arm and come back again ready for use when I resume cutting. All that remains now is to tidy up, edge band the base and a lick of paint I am away. Thank you all for your guidance in my previous post, i decided to start a new topic here as the last one is getting off track now. Iggy.                 <PS> sorry no picks, yet to figure that one out.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   
Frustration is the food of invention.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: My EX arrived yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »
Congratulations! We will expect a full report in a couple of days!
Dan In Southern California

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:38 am »
Now now Dan, that is personal, what I do with my new bed is no concern of yours.  ;) ;) Iggy

J,Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 06:08:53 am »
I'm glad the new toy came with one for her following shortly. I couldn't time that in a million years.

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:19:19 am »
Astounding, I ordered the saw at the begining of Dec and it turned up the day after Axminster told me it was en-route. We ordered the bed the day before the notification of the saws despatch notice arrived, the Gods are truly with me

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 10:28:52 am »
Congrats on the new saw and the "Blessing" of the Scrolling Gods!

Can you use any of the wood from the old bed for scroll projects?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 03:24:40 pm »
The old bed was an upholstered POS. that we got when we married 45 years ago and had no money, when I took the cover off to break it down, the frame was rough sawn 2 x 1 glued and stapled togeather. the only point in its favour was that it was dry. it got unseramoniously cut up and taken to the dump. Just like us after serving a company with distinction for years.         ;)     Iggy

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 07:25:21 pm »
I must admit when I first saw the title of this 'thread'...I thought you were talking about your EX-Wife arriving and I wondered why that was a cause for celebration!?!?!?!?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 01:49:30 am »
Sorry GB. that was a lazy title, I have no ex-wife. I met this one on the day I landed in the UK. 0n 19 Feb 1962 when I was 18 and she is still the most dependable asset in my tool box. On our first wedding anni, she bought me a little BBS20 3 wheeled bandsaw that is as good today as it was then after 44 years. That started me on the DIY path and out from under her feet good move Fran. She gets ***** from me. Iggy.     

Marshall

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 08:22:13 pm »
I must admit when I first saw the title of this 'thread'...I thought you were talking about your EX-Wife arriving and I wondered why that was a cause for celebration!?!?!?!?

~~~GB~~~
I'm a little slow too , for I was on the same line as GB ........

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:02 pm »

~~~GB~~~

GB and I must be on the same wave length that's what came to my mind too, I expected the fur to fly! LOL  ;D
Good luck with the new toy Iggy!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi