Author Topic: Update on My Son  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Update on My Son
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:05:11 am »
Talked to Cory again last night, we Skyped for awhile. No broken ribs just bruised and sore and only a mild concussion. He will be taking it easy the next few days. He was in  much better spirits. He said they where taking very good care of him, bending over backwards to see to his needs etc. The base commander gave him his cell phone number and told Cory if he needed anything or anyone said anything out of the way to him to give him a call.

Some of his friends from boot camp who are stationed there came to see him. For right now he didn't think I needed to fly out there and he would call me every day while he is recovering. He will also be giving a lot of statements as they continue the investigation. So far they have interviewed over 30 people.

They are also going to give him the option of staying there or transferring out to another base. I think he is going to stay there, he has a lot of his friends there and Little is there. If he stays they also said they would keep a lot of them together from the east coast (boot camp) and move them to another company. I think that is a good idea, they can watch each others backs.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.  :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:07:09 am by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Update on My Son
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:10:34 am »
Thank you for the update, Russ.  I am happy to hear at least they are taking good care of him.  It sounds like they really are trying to do the right thing.  Please let him know that your friends here are thinking of him.  I wish him a full and speedy recovery and all the best.

Take care, Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

tux_linux

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:16:07 am »
Good to hear that.

Yeah, It's better to have some friends around. That makes the job easier.
To change now mean he would be "the one that had to move". That doesn't look to good.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:54 am »
I'm glad he is in better spirits and feeling well. Having people that he is more familiar with should make it easier. It also was a good decision for him to stay stationed there. This shows the rest he is not going to run from the conflict adding points in his column with many of the rest on the base. I pray for a speedy recovery and for a conflict fairly and justly resolved. Best of luck to Cory.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:22:43 am »
thats good to hear Russ

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

jason03151980

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:25:59 am »
good to hear russ glad they are working very well with him

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 11:30:13 am »
Sounds like the base C.O. is on top of it!
The last thing the military needs is another scandal.

Hope he sticks it out there and has his 'buds' to keep him company.

Let him know we are with him no matter what he decides to do.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 11:51:39 am »
thanks for the update Russ, 
know that we keep thinking of you and yours!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 12:03:45 pm »
Russ, thanks for the update. As I've thought about Cory's situation, I'm impressed with his determination to stay there. In spite of his attack he is facing the trouble and not backing away. I believe this will make him even stronger in his determination and convictions. God does make everything good for those that love him and are called according to his purpose.
May God continue to watch over Cory!
Bill

thawkins57

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »
Thanks for the update, Russ.  When I read the original post, my jaw hung open in disbelief.  Whatever happened to the Brotherhood?

Tim

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:30:35 pm »
Russ, I read this message first and then found the first.  I am APPALLED!  I'm glad to hear he is improving, but there should be absolutely no tolerance for that type of bs.  Please let him know that all of us are proud of him through his father and are ashamed of what was allowed to happen to him.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Mainewoods

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 04:33:12 pm »
Russ,
Sorry to hear about your son, but glad he is doing okay.  I'm sure you are worried, but rest assured, justice will be served!  NCIS will get to the bottom of this and the guilty parties will pay!  No civilian lawyer mumbo jumbo is going to save their behinds!!!

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:14:08 pm »
Glad he is doing better. Thanks for the update.

When I read the first post I was so mad I could reply. There are bad apples everywhere, but you'd think all of our guys in uniform would take care of each other. I hope the 4 get maximum punishment and dishonorably discharged.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 12:16:06 am »
Don't these guys understand that they are on the same side, just because they have been overseas does not make them the boss, or any better than the next guy.  Good on Cory for sticking in there showing them that he will not be bullied.  So glad to hear that his injuries are not as bad as first thought.  Send him our love an support.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 01:34:37 am »
It sounds like the CO is on top of it!
I'm sure those people  will be doing some Brig time and, deservedly so. A BCD or DD would be in order to send a message to other knot heads that it won't be tolerated.
Glad to hear he wasn't badly hurt, and is on the mend.
Semper Fi
Old Anchor Clanker
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi