Author Topic: Heart Broken. Sad Day, for My Son, My Marine and the Corps  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Heart Broken. Sad Day, for My Son, My Marine and the Corps
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:31:19 pm »
Recieved a phone call today from Cory he has been beaten by four of his fellow Marines. Possible concussion and broken ribs. Apparently four other Lance Corporals that had spent a tour of duty in Afghanistan decided Cory had not paid his dues. His friend Little found out and went to Cory's aid. They told them if anyone found out they would put a bullet in their head. These pieces of crap had no idea that Little (my sons best friend since boot camp) father is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Marine Corps. Little got Cory back to his room and called his father who woke the Base Commander up from his sleep last night and informed him of what was going on at his base.

At this time Cory is ok I talked to him this afternoon and an investigation is underway. He is very discouraged and ready to come home. He was will willing to give his life for his country and fellow Marines only to be attack by those who he serves with.

I received a phone call from the Colonel (base commander) apologizing and telling me that he is personally seeing after Cory and as of tonight four Lance Corporals are in the brig facing court martial and prison time. He assured me that this is not tolerated or accepted in the Marine Corps. He also said that the new recruits where not suppose to be able to mix with the others after arriving, so there was a breakdown of the system and other reprimands would follow. 

I may be flying out to California. Will try to keep everyone updated, just really hard for me and my family at this time.  :(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:27:37 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Re: Heart Broken. Sad Day, for My Son, My Marine and the Corps
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:18 pm »
sorry to hear that Russ hope your son is ok and the ones that did it get everything they deserve

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:22:08 pm »
This is sickening and disgusting behavior.  They should keep them in jail and let them rot.  I hope there is some justice served.  I feel for Cory and I hope he recovers both physically and emotionally from this horrible betrayal.  My thoughts are with you too Russ.  If it were my son I would want to tear the punks to pieces.  What a terrible thing for your family to have to go through.  Keep strong for Cory.

((((HUGS)))) Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:53:02 pm »
Oh my, what awful news. I will say an extra prayer for your son. I was so happy for him finishing. I hope that things get straightened out and the guys that did this will rot in jail.

daliclimbs

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:54:21 pm »
Sorry to hear that Russ! That is awful.. you and yours are in my prayers!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:07:38 pm »
Hey Russ, This is so disheartening to hear. I hope Cory will be able to put this behind him both physical and emotionally.
If you need, I will help out on the forum if you have to go for awhile.
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:41:09 pm »
I hate to hear that and wonder what the hell happened to their brains over seas.

You know we will cover for you and we are all behind Cory with Prayers and good wishes.

For now you just take care of family and we will take care of everything else.

Big HUGZZZZZZZZZZ to Cory!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 01:01:37 am »
Oh Russ I am so sorry to hear your news.  I send my love and prayers to you and yours and to Cory especially. 

((((HUGS)))) Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 01:22:17 am »
I'm sorry Russ. I know how proud you and we on this board are of Cory, and to have this happen hurts us all. I'm covering you and your family with prayer.
Bill

J,Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 02:59:16 am »
Russ,

I sincerely hope and pray for the best for Cory in the coming days as well as you and the rest of the family. It is such a shame that after going through the grueling ordeal with his previous schooling that he undertook and completed did not earn respect among his fellow Marine brothers. I hope he decides to hang in there and not be demoralized by this event.

Our hearts sure go out to you for this lack of arrogance and stupidity from those that think they are better than all around themselves. Cory could have very well been by thier sides at a later date supporting them.

Please wish him well and let him know that many support his decision to look for the greater good in his choosing to defend and protect those that can't. And may the hacks that committed this act be prosecuted to the fullest extent of military juristdiction.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:03:30 am by J,Hamilton »

tux_linux

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 07:13:08 am »
*args* what a sad news.

I hope Cory will be OK and he's not resigning or anything like that. The military isn't supposed to be anything like that.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 07:16:01 am »
sorry to hear this Russ, (why do people these things?? )
hope and pray that Cory will recover quickly. Wish  him good luck!
And I wish all good and strength for you and your family as well!
hang in there!

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

rob roy

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:38:08 am »
Hello Russ, what terrible news is this I am reading this morning?.I hope these numb skulls are brought to boot. They deserve to be kicked out the service with a dishonorable discharge.
Scotland may be far away but not so far that all my prayers and thoughts go out to you and Cory and your family for a satisfactory outcome. Hang in there for Cory. Best wishes.
Rob Roy.

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 01:41:55 am »
Very sorry to hear what's happened to Cory, Russ.  I've always thought of the Marines as being a brotherhood that protected one another, be it in war or peacetime.  I can't imagine having to fear my own.  I'm glad his friend interceded for him and pray Cory will be able to overcome this and regain the trust he's had until now.  As for the four who did this, they're not marines, just simple thugs who need to be court martialed  and dishonorably discharged after serving appropriate sentences.

John
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »
my thoughts and prayers are with you and Cory. I'm hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery and those b*****ds get the full punishment the marines can throw at them. Marines are famed (even over here in the UK) for looking after their own, and I reckon those four will feel the full force of the other "true" marines in the brig. Keep us posted as to how he is recovering please
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi