Author Topic: EX16 Vibration  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
EX16 Vibration
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:48 pm »
You wont believe it, I broke it again. I have to call Axminster in the morning as my EX16 gave a knoce when I turned it on, now I have the same vibration back again, not quite as bad as before, but bad enough. It's not too bad up to half speed , but as you increase the speed after that it gets worse, on full speed it shakes the shed lol. I'll be pleased to find out what it is that causes it, Axminster only gave me new machine on 23rd December, and I've only made about 9 or ten items on it before it went again, not doing too good, 2 machines in just over a month. 8th December I bought the first one.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: EX16 Vibration
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:10:43 pm »
Hey Keefie, I'm curious, Is your EX16 made by Axminster or General. Here in North America, It is packaged and sold by General International and the saw is green. I know that you guys in Europe have EX saws that are white and have dust collection ports. Tell us what you know.
Dan In Southern California

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:28:44 pm »
They are made by General International, but Axminster had made a deal with them to supply them in Axminster's White colour.
When it went wrong again, the blade arm was in it's highest position and when I turned it on there was loud knock almost like the linkage had jammed, same as last time. I'm wondering if there is a position the linkage can stop in that can cause it to partially jam/lock up ?
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:55:01 pm »
The 21" and 30" are made in Asia and I thought the smaller 16 would be as well, it is not available in, if it has vibration then some thing must be loose
Jimbo

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:28 am »
I've removed the access covers and looked, but nothing is obviously loose. I called Axminster this morning and they are arranging to get it collected so they can check it out. So I'm now rushing to get my stuff finished before they collect it lol.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13:48 am »
Problem sorted - I hope, there is a small link from the motor to the main linkage, the nut for this is almose hidden, and had come loose. to tighten it I had to use an old spanner and bend it so it would curl around the back and onto the nut. Once that was tightened it ran sweet right up to max speed where there is a slight vibration, but as I only use it at about 3/4 speed that little bit of vibration on max speed won't hurt.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:59:08 pm »
Glad to see that seems to have done the trick for you. Maybe that is the problem with the others doing the same thing with improper torque during the assembly process.

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 06:09:54 pm »
You are lucky to have one, I ordered a 21" from Axminster in Dec and am told I will not get it for a few weeks yet.
Frustration is the food of invention.

SMF

Teknoromi