Author Topic: Ex 21  (Read 2204 times)

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
Ex 21
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:32:30 am »
I've decided to send my EX21 back to Axminster to see if they can sort the problem of excessive vibration  above half speed.
But i have to say their  customer service is second to none as they gave me some suggestions to try, but as they were unsuccessful they are arranging to pick it up on monday for there technical department to have a look at it and hopefully return it when its running the way it should be !
It seems to me that there only goal is customer satisfaction and that to me is very satisfying.
My problem is i am going to be without my scrollsaw for a few days at least , what am i going to do ?? any suggestions  ::)...Pete
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:34:32 am by BigPete »
War does not determine who is right - Only who is left !

joey65746

Re: Ex 21
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:50:20 am »
  i had the problem with break downs win i started out i was useing shop fox saws so i got 2 of them  now i have moved up to rbi 220s and i have 2 of them now  i have one set up for seting and one set up for standing the good thing is that i havent had a break down since i got my rbis but if i do then i have back up  one of these days i am going to order me the ex30   it sure isnt much fun to be with out a saw  i use my saws over 10 hours a day i wood go nuty without one ;D

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:19 am »
Hmmm let me think. Drink some beer, chase the wife around the house (hopefully you'll catch her LOL), go fishing. Those are a few of the things I would do.  ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Mainewoods

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:39:59 am »
Try this? ;) ;D

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:59:14 am »
I have a spare saw sitting collecting dust, take a trip to cornwall and not only will you get to see the lovely coast here but you could use the saw too
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 03:37:57 pm »
joey65746 ,WOW 10 hrs a day that would send me nutty  :D i thought i was bad with a few hrs during the week when work allows and a bit more time at the weekend when the wife allows lol  ::)

Russ C , Chased the wife around the house AND i caught her ,then she told me to go chase MYSELF ! so beer and fishing it is lol  ;D

Thanks mainewoods but going fishing lol  ;D

Keefie, Many thanks for the invite to cornwall  but as you see beers and fishing it is lol.  seriously think i will use the time the deep clean work shop .
and yes cornwall is a lovely place but here are a couple of photo's i have taken within a mile of where i stay . God was having a good day when he made LARGS  
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/bigpete14/Picture1367.jpg
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/bigpete14/Picture1370.jpg
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/bigpete14/Picture1347.jpg
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/bigpete14/Picture1349.jpg
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:41:09 pm by BigPete »

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:12 pm »
Nice pictures pete, here are a few of what you are missing lol
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Edwin Steam

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »
Since the discussion started on the EX 21 etc, who actually owns the manufacturing rights as opposed to who manufactures it. It seams that the EX in the UK is a different animal to that in the states. It also appears, from other forums, that machines in the UK have a lot more issues. I am, myself a Hegner user and I  always say.  "If this is the best, I would not like to see the worst".

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 05:13:42 pm »
One thing you will never hear me say is "mine is the best". Every tool will have features that work for some but not all. The same certainly applies to scroll saws. The saw I use is the best for me, but certainly not the best saw out there. There are saws that cost up to three times what mine cost, but does not have the features that I need.
Dan In Southern California

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 09:44:18 pm »
I have two Hegners.  I have the polymax set up with the table flat and the stroke at 3/4" and medium speed.  I have the multi-max-25 set up with the table tilted 3 degrees and 3/8" stroke.(It is a single speed 1986 model)  I use the multi-max to do inlay.  Life is good.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 01:37:54 am »
Keefie is that a tall ship I can see in the background of the middle photo?

Pete I agree Largs is beautiful.  Not sure about Largs in winter though.  ??? ???

I would just spend more time catching up on all things I should have done ages ago.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 02:05:08 am »
It certainly is Marge, there are 4 of them that take people on "sailing Expreiance" trips along the coast here. Wonderful sight to see them in full sail

Dawie

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 04:02:36 am »
Hi Pete and Keefie,

Nice pics. Looks great, maybe the next time I come over to the UK I should go South instead of North to the Highalnds and see some other nice spots. Although I must confess I have fallen in love with Scotland.
David

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 04:07:30 am »
Edwin , I have to say i have had a couple of small issues with the EX21  but these were just small issues and overall i just love it !, I had a hegner before the EX21  and my own personal opinion is that the EX21 is a Better saw.
I may be wrong here ,but i think that they set the saw up or maybe when asked they set it up in the states ? where as here in the uk it comes staight from the manufacturer ! as i say i may be wrong on that point. So to sum up my small problem with it is the vibration when i go above half speed is slightly excessive and having seen video's of coin's and a glass of water sitting on the work suface at full speed without movement i feel there must be some sort of adjustment (setting up) that can be done. ;)
One thing you will never hear me say is "mine is the best". Every tool will have features that work for some but not all. The same certainly applies to scroll saws. The saw I use is the best for me, but certainly not the best saw out there. There are saws that cost up to three times what mine cost, but does not have the features that I need.
and yes Dan this is spot on its what work for you !

And you are also spot on Marg as we have had a couple of bad storms lately one of which has badly damaged the prom  :( :( ???  ..Pete

Edwin Steam

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 12:41:32 pm »
I was surprised by the nature of the replies. I thing my comments were genuine . Just for the record i did use the words "If".

SMF

Teknoromi