Author Topic: Poly Packing Tape?  (Read 3583 times)

cloetpatrick

Re: Poly Packing Tape?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:14 am »
 ;D Very often, I plan decal directly on the wood carving, so I keep my plan to make several and I can not take off after. Except for very complicated pieces, I glue the template on the wood with a simple glue office. After cutting the paper I sand down the wood, it leaves it alone! ...

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 02:52:10 am »
I Have used packing tape under the patern and found it difficult to remove so now I use painter low tack masking tape with pattern on top, I have tried the packing tape on top but it doe not seem to make any difference, perhaps I am using the wrong stuff
Jimbo

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 06:50:52 am »
I spray the pattern with 3M glue, attach it to wood, cover wih packing tape. When I am finished cutting remove packing tape and what is left of pattern and glue comes right of with a little mineral spirits. Never had a problem...  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 09:03:35 pm »
I put the clear tape on the wood then 3M adhesive on the pattern on top of that. 
best regards,

Bud Prine

Wandascroller

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 12:00:33 am »
I have used painters tape to hold stack together(one strip around each side) & then packaging tape on front & back.
I have noticed that the painters tape - cream coloured over here - whilst easier to get off seems to effect the colour of the pine plywood that I use. Makes it go darker like it has aged to light only under the tape.
Was thinking of using it over all the project but don't like the discolouration which seems there  to stay.

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 12:37:45 am »
I use spray adhesive to hold the pattern on the piece.  I then cover with clear package tape.  After cutting I remove tape, which takes off most of the remainig paper.  If needed mineral spirits clean up and removes anything that is left.

Barry  :)

daneklund

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 12:58:09 am »
I also put clear packing tape over the entire wood piece and use 3M spray adhesive on the pattern and apply it on top of the packing tape.  I have never had any problem removing the tape.  No cleanup required afterwards.

SMF

Teknoromi