Author Topic: My Empty address book  (Read 954 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
My Empty address book
« on: January 08, 2012, 12:49:38 am »
Would those of you that have my regular address please send me a note so I can re-populate my address book
So far I haven't been able to transfer it from my backup portable hard drive, since it was another program Outlook Express, and so far Outlook isn't cooperating, (I think.)
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: My Empty address book
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:14:45 am »
Hi Gabby, any luck getting your e-mail situation straightened out? I used Outlook Express for years but finally converted to web based e-mail and really like it. One advantage is you can check your e-mail from any computer.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

thawkins57

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:21:43 am »
Hi Gabby, any luck getting your e-mail situation straightened out? I used Outlook Express for years but finally converted to web based e-mail and really like it. One advantage is you can check your e-mail from any computer.  8)

Sorry about your situation Gabby... it's such a pain to recover all that information.

I agree with you Russ - I've used yahoo mail for years, and it's so convenient to be able to check and respond to e-mail from anywhere that there's a computer (or my android phone).  I still use Outlook for work, just because everyone's e-mail is on a business server, but web-based mail is the best.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:02:25 am »
I really liked out look express, but the win. 7 doesn't have it  I followed advice to load outlook and it works but isn't the same as express, and I'm having a hard time copying my saved addresses from a disc to the address book in outlook. It was saved as a WAB  any suggestions?
This laptop is agravating after my old PC. Kind of like breaking in new shoes. They will raise blisters for a while.
I took my PC to the PC DR an it should be ready to pick up tomorrow. I was assured they would be able to save my files. They'll be increasing the RAM while they have it.
Now if I can learn how to transfer them to the laptop so they will be in two places and less likely to be lost!
Wish me luck,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

thawkins57

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 08:23:03 am »
If you do a google search on transferring files, it may tell you what to do.  I bought 4 new computers for my practice and had to transfer Outlook address/e-mail files to all the new ones.  It was a fairly simple process after I found out what to do, but I needed help in the logistics of it.  I don't remember what web site I found the info on, but I googled something like "transfer outlook files to new computer."  Hope it helps.

Tim

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 03:36:37 pm »
Thanks Tim I'll give it a look.
Gabby

As for DOS for dummies they didn't know how dumb I am. LOL
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi