Author Topic: Texas Picnic  (Read 3555 times)

cherie

Texas Picnic
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:12:00 pm »
I was wondering if anyone from the forum plans on attending the Denton Texas picnic this year.  I would love to meet some faces to go with the names.  Jaun and I are talking and since the kids will be going home the first week of June, we just might have some time for ourselves.  Hope so meet some of ya's.

Offline scrollriffic

• View Profile
Re: Texas Picnic
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 05:45:31 pm »
well I hope to see you there. I will be in the seminar room boyh days.I talked Lendel and he said the classes are starting to fill up. If you want to be sure and get in a class please pre-register for it.There is only so much room in each class.Last year nearly every class was full.Also bring something to enter in the contest.You might just walk away with a ribbon.There is also a brag table for those that want to share what you made but don't want to enter the contest.It is going to be lots of fun and you can talk and ask questions with lots of experience scrollers.If you have children that scroll please bring them for there is a division for them also.Get all the details at  www.dfwscrollers.com Hope to see ya there Cherie. Bobby

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:10:26 pm »
I would give my left arm to go.  Never been to any scroller picnic.  Honestly, not sure I'll have the gas to get there, and nowhere to sleep once I am there. 

cherie

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:23:00 pm »
I really wish we could help you here.  I am making plans on going, but something can change that too.  Jaun said to wait until next week before I can pre-register for things.  I have never been to one and have been wanting to go for the past 4 years.  Maybe something will work out.  You never know.

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 10:26:53 pm »
I just secured a place to stay there so now it depends on life in general and whether or not I have gas! (I mean gasoline so stop snickering).  It's the day before my birthday!  Wooo hooooo

cherie

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 10:30:57 pm »
And how old are you turning? 

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 10:48:54 pm »
Look like the big 4-0! :o :o :o
Dan In Southern California

jim stiek

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 11:12:24 pm »
Cherie
Judy campbell and myself will be there along with a great friend from Kansas city Pat Bergman hope to see you there, let us know when your plans come together and maybe we can exchange cell #s or arrnge a time to all get together.
jim

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 11:13:54 pm »
Yep.  40...and no single ladies to help me celebrate it :(  I am so excited and scared lol.  Part of my disability is social anxiety.  Yes, I know there is nothing to be afraid of...just saying.  So all of you who wanted to invade my apartment, go to the picnic lol.
Private gifts welcomed lol...SLAP...ow....sigh

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 11:26:05 pm »
Don't worry Charlie, once you hit 40 it's all down hill from here!! :D :D
Dan In Southern California

daneklund

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 01:51:31 am »
You know when you're going downhill and start picking up some speed, it can be a lot of fun.  Just watch the turns.

cherie

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 03:47:17 am »
Dan where do you come up with downhill?  I am three years shy of 50...not downhill for me!!! ;D ;) :) ::) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Christina

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 02:07:14 pm »
I doubt if I'll be able to afford to go either but I sure would love to be able to.  I've not been to any of the picnics either.
Happy Birthday Charlie!  My mom always said it's not the age but the mileage that gets you down lol.  I'm 53!
Christina

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 03:04:00 pm »
HILL!!!

I didn't see any HILL!!!

My natal date is May 29 and I am still picking up speed!

I'm younger than Bob Hope and older than Bob Gibson and Annette Benning, all born on the same date!

Would sure like to celebrate with you all in TX but will be in another part of the country!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dragonlord85

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 03:54:03 pm »
If it's all downhill after 40 THEN WHY AM I SO OUT OF BREATH!

SMF

Teknoromi