Author Topic: anyone that knows me  (Read 2159 times)

cherie

anyone that knows me
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:49:07 am »
I just wanted to say that if anyone that knows me also knows that I am a college student.  I had taken four classes this semester, and guess what?  I WAS ABLE TO ACHIEVE 4 A'S THIS SEMESTER!!  I did not think I was going to do it, but with the help of my neighbor watching Scotty 3 days of the week, I was able to study harder and get things done.  Thanks for the support all!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: anyone that knows me
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:43 am »
Great job, Cherie!  I know you have a busy life and it is a great accomplishment! :)  Now you can take some well-deserved time off and make some sawdust.  Congratulations! :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Caribbean Scroller

• View Profile
    • http://www.woodartz.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:41:13 am »
congrats Cherie

daneklund

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:50:26 am »
Super Job!  Onto to the next phase.  Have a great summer away from classes and back to the shop - LOL.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 10:07:18 am »
Congratulations! from someone who got his degree at NIGHT while also working full time, helping in the family restaurant when needed and being a husband and father of three small children.

I know first hand what you are going through an I APPLAUD your determination!

And also a big Thank You to anyone who is helping and supporting your efforts.

~~~GrayBeard~~~

You have permission to take a well deserved break and SAW! SAW! SAW!!!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:16:45 pm »
Cheri, I only know you from this forum, but well done I think it is great what you have achieved. By the sounds of it you are not a full time student, so that makes the achievement even greater. Congratulations and enjoy your summer.
Dawie

cherie

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 12:36:18 pm »
Dawie,  I attend Drury University night classes. And the load I have been taking 4 to 5 is full time.  I do not work since my fiance would rather me try and get ahead in life and get the job I really deserve later.  He is an over the road truck driver and supports me in every way possible.  Financially we are not great, but we have a love that cannot be broken.  I have also taken on the job for the past two years of caring for my grand kids, Videl 7 and Scotty 3.  They will be heading back home the first week of June if everything goes according to plan.  Btw, it is great to meet you.  People in the forum make great family members.  GOTTA LOVE EM'.

Dawie

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 01:32:41 pm »
Thanks for sharing Cheri. Wonderful to have somebody whom loves and supports you in this way. I to am glad that I joined this forum.Nice to have scroll saw family all over the world
Dawie

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 04:18:41 pm »
What are you majoring in?  Congratulation on the grades, that's awesome.
best regards,

Bud Prine

cherie

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 04:34:22 pm »
Bud, I am working on two majors.  One is English and the only thing I have left to finish of that is my senior seminar.  The other, and the reason why I have to live 100 miles away next semester is Design Arts.  Since the local night school through Drury do not cover everything I need, I will be attending the main campus in Springfield MO.  I am gonna be so lost when I get up there.  LOL.

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 04:43:50 pm »
Congartulations!!! I know how hard it is to do all that. My wife works full time nd is going for her Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Does most of it online, but we have to go up to St. Augustine Fl almost every other weekend. 4 hour drive each way.

SMF

Teknoromi