Author Topic: Merry Christmas Everyblody! What did Santa bring you?  (Read 1726 times)

Spartan scroller

Merry Christmas Everyblody! What did Santa bring you?
« on: December 25, 2011, 08:58:52 pm »
Okay, I'll start.  Got a photography light box for photographing my projects and Corel Draw X5 graphics suite plus the update for designing my own patterns!  I'm overwhelmed! Anybody know a good source for
tutorials?  I have a huge learning curve ahead.  The book that came with it is 972 pages. Yikes!  Any of you use this software?  I can't wait to jump in and get started but I'm affraid I may be over my head real quick. It's been a great Christmas.  Best gift of all...my son came home. For the first time in 3 years he didn't have to spend Christmas all alone 2500 miles away from home. I know a lot of our service people are a lot further away than that, but at least they have their comrades in arms.  He's had no body.  We were so gald to see him.  But I digress.  How did y'all make out?

daliclimbs

Re: Merry Christmas Everyblody! What did Santa bring you?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:53:19 pm »
Merry Christmas! Santa brought me a new table saw and a router table. The two tools I have needed for a while. I had a great Christmas with my wonderful family. Hope everyone else had the same!

chief

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 09:56:04 pm »
Well I got to spend Christmas at home and I actually hate this time of year.  After 20 years in the Navy I find it easier to be deployed than be at home. 
On a positive note my wife got me a new laptop.  Now I have to get her one for her b-day in March, probably will get her an Apple.
Overall it was a good day.

zgrimsley

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 12:21:25 am »
I got a new scroll saw and router and router table! It was a great day that I got to spend with family.

SheGold

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:15:30 am »
I got a spindle sander, wood, new clamps, a tee shirt, lotion and my family together.. Oh and my son gave me cash to store away for what I need in shop... All was good and I slept late this morning.. Guess I was tired from cooking..  ;D  ..... Hope everyone else had as blessed a Christmas as I did... Sheila

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:40:05 am »
Got a BRAND NEW EXCALIBUR EX 21. ;D I am happy, :D I have dreamed of owning one for years. I feel like a kid, is that OK??????? or do I have problems. ::)
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:13:38 am »
Bought myself a new EX-21 and spent the day with our 2 sons and 7 grand kids.  The truth be known I would have bought myself the EX21 anyway.  ;)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 10:00:46 am »
Wife bought me a new Jet 18" Bandsaw. Best thing of all Cory my son, my Marine home for Christmas and New Years.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

tux_linux

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 01:15:26 pm »
Chief, enjoy it! Your wife likes it definitely to have you around. SO should you!

Russ, That's truly a great gift to have the family in the house.
I know from my family that it doesn't happen often - last year's Christmas was the first time within years that all could come together.

Enjoy it!

Waddawood

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 01:24:27 pm »
I got a pair of pajama pants.  Yes, that's all I got...and yes I'm jealous.  Got to spend quality time with family though.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »
Sounds like everybody got some wonderful gifts from Santa this year.

I got my 10 " drill press (now I don't have to walk all the way to the garage), a 4V screwdriver/drill for my shop, accessories for my dremel, three Scrollsaw Books, The Best of Scrollsaw, creating Wooden Boxes on the scroll saw, Intarsia - Artistry in Wood and Small Intarsia woodworking projects you can make.  A Home Depot gift card for all the little neccesities  :) Plus various other tools for ScrollSawing.  Some warm sheets and blankets for my bed. Santa really listened this year.  I'm a happy camper.........
ChelCass

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »
Wife and I had a great Christmas.. or I should say Christmases. Three of them.  First was last Wednesday with one son, his wife and five grands aged 11 to 18. I got to meet my newest granddaughter.  She is a 11 year old from an abusive home that they are adopting.  I was worried about how she would react to me but when she walked in, she shook my hand, introduced herself and sat in the chair right beside me.  So much for my worrying! Even called me Grandpa John as the family left.

Next was Saturday when we spent time with my eldest son and family.  Four more grandkids there.  Had a great time with all of them and my gift was a donation in my name of fish to stock a pond somewhere in Africa to help them feed themselves and create a business.

Last was Christmas Day when we went to the daughters home a few miles from here.  Again a wonderful time with three older granddaughters and four great grands from one to four.  We arrived about 9 am for a brunch with all, to be followed by the gift opening.  Good thing it was brunch as the wind came up and we lost power just as we sat down to eat!  Many others lost power as well, but they were still cooking their meals.  I didn't get any new power tools, etc. but my wife did give me a Kindle Fire.  I'm still working on getting familiar with that.

Like everyone, I do enjoy getting gifts, but at my age I already have most of what I want or need.  The real joy for me is being with family and I got lots of that!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:36:12 pm by Crabbyboater »
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 03:24:23 am »
The absolute best thing I got for Christmas this year is all of my friends I've come to know here!

Next best was a surprise portrait of my save my butt bear dog Dancer from a very nice Lady I know in Mississippi. She can chime in if she wants to. Aw shoot!
Thank YOU Marion, you're the best!

I gave myself a new (to me) Hogleg. AKA Sixshooter. I took it in the shorts in the trade but got exactly what I wanted and needed, a 357 magnum we have bear and mountain lion here and one took a goat from my neighbors yard about a week ago.

Lost my trusty Gerber folding knife, so used part of the Christmas money I got buying a replacement for it.

All this is just stuff. The best part of my Christmas is the two items at the top of my list!

Have a happy New Year, everyone!
Gabby

MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi