Author Topic: Review....Makita LCT208W 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit  (Read 728 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
I bought this combo from CPO Outlet a few months ago and I could not be happier.

Makita LCT208W 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit

12V Max Cordless 3/8-in Driver-Drill - FD02W
2-speed gear selection with variable speed in each range (0 - 350 RPM or 0 - 1,300 RPM)
16 torque settings plus drill mode
Keyless chuck for fast and easy bit changes
Conveniently located forward/reverse switch
Compact tool body and T-handle design for optimum balance and comfort

12V Max Cordless 3-3/8-in Circular Saw - SH01W
Non-slip grip
1,400 RPM and a 1-in cutting capacity for a wide range of cutting applications
Tilting base up to 45 degrees
Adjustable cut depth
Blade lock

I need a piece of wood to use as a makeshift "Leaf" for the Oak taable I refinished so we can seat everyone at Christmas Brunch.
I took a piece of 3/4" MDF and cut it to size with the little Makita saw and even though it was a little slow it went through that MDF like Sherman went through the South!

The Drill is handy with lots of torque and adequate speed.

If you are looking for something grab one of these combos. I bought the 'recon' and it is just like new.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

tux_linux

Re: Review....Makita LCT208W 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 2-Piece Combo Kit
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 03:47:01 pm »
Nice. I know that one can't go wrong with Makita-Drills, those are just about perfect tools. I know a lot of professionals who also use them.

But I was to ask you for the little saw. Is that sweet one recommendable? Do you use it much?

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:04:28 pm »
I keep the batteries charged and I use the little saw a lot.
It is great for that quick little cut when you need a small piece of wood for a project you are doing and don't want to set up the table saw. It comes with a nice 20 tooth carbide tip blade so the cuts are not extremely nice but sure good enough for scrolling work. You will likely throw away the edge with the cut anyway.

Super Handy little tool....

http://www.cpoindustrialpowertools.com/makita-lct208w-12v-cordless-lithium-ion-2-piece-combo-kit/mktnlct208w,default,pd.html?start=11&cgid=makita-cordless-combo-kits
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 04:22:14 am »
*d?ng* can't get it here, smallest Makita circular saw has a 5 1/8" blade :(

but this one sound not bad, cuts 1" and is well rated.

SMF

Teknoromi