Author Topic: Thank you and apologies  (Read 6889 times)

Rightarm

Re: Thank you and apologies
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 08:20:18 pm »
Nah, I think we should surprise him. Knock at the front door, {about a 100 of us}, and shout, "honey were home". LMAO. Dave  ;)

Rightarm

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 08:25:03 pm »
    P.S. I'm serious! We'll just load up, and go. Well take our smokers, grills and scroll saws with us, and make a weekend out of it. What do you think?????? Dave

Dragonlord85

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 08:28:40 pm »
Sounds good to me. i have a sister-in-law right down the road in Burnet.

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 08:50:31 pm »
Psssst, I can see youuuuuuu lol.   I live in an apartment so... sigh, it was a cool thought though.  Bring some single women too 'cause that's alot of my depression lol.
On a serious note, I knew I could turn to all of you.  Thanks so much.

patch

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 09:01:04 pm »
Charlie I no what you are going though I have been fighting for many years and the battle is on going but we as your scrollsaw  family are there for you please keep communicating with every one and DO NOT APOLOGISE FOR YOU CONDITION

Have a look and read of MY STRUGGLE it is only a out line I am not suggesting it will help you but it will show you that you are not alone  

http://www.redbubble.com/people/patch/writing

Hold your head up high Charlie you have a lot to be proud for
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:48:58 pm by patch »

cherie

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 09:09:22 pm »
I can just see us all in Charlie's small apartment.  I have a single sister!!!!  I am sure I could bring her along.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 09:26:01 pm »
Hey....Anybody got a big GENERATOR to feed juice to all our saws?

Sure hate to think Charlie would have 50 or 60 extension cords running out his apartment window.

And we can do a "Marathon Scrollathon"...Some of us that are 'nightowls' can scroll all night so as not to put too big a drain on Charlie's electric service.

I'm free the second weekend in July!

And I'll bring enough barbeque sauce for everyone!
<www.edswhitefront.com>

Then I could go on and visit my relatives in Dallas and stop by my cousins in Oklahoma on the way back!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 09:31:44 pm »
   We don't care if you live in an apartment. We'll invite your neighbors too. I think I can get my hands on a couple of generators, so Charlies light bill won't ski-rocket. Lets set a date. Were going to Texas!!!!!!!!! Dave ;D

patch

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 09:52:13 pm »
Charlie I no what you are going though I have been fighting for many years and the battle is on going but we as your scrollsaw  family are there for you please keep communicating with every one and DO NOT APOLOGISE FOR YOU CONDITION

Have a look and read of MY STRUGGLE it is only a out line I am not suggesting it will help you but it will show you that you are not alone  

http://www.redbubble.com/people/patch/writing

Hold your head up high Charlie you have a lot to be proud for
sorry wrong web site have fixed it 

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 10:32:47 pm »
This apartment complex was built in 1951 so I doubt it could handle all of the electricity lol.  Man I do wish we could have some big ol' get together though. (Please not in my tiny apartment though).  ;)  Oh and Cherie, email me her pic and info lol.

Becky

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 11:36:22 pm »
Hey Charlie, I am scratching my head trying to figure out what the heck you are apologizing for.  I have only "known" you since Steve started the chat room in here but I have found you to be a very fun person.  I know from seeing your work in here that you are a very talented person too.

Most of my best friends are on-line friends.  I don't have a bunch of friends that I hang out with either.  I'm pretty shy too except your flirting seems to bring me out in the chat room! 

I am fortunate that my job sends me to a conference here and there and I have been able to meet at least a few of my online friends in person.  They're mostly pretty much in real life just the same as they are online.  So don't discount that you know them "just" on the computer.  They are as true a friend as you can have.  I hope I can say I can count you as one of mine, even just of such a short acquaintance.  You can absolutely count on me as a friend.

cherie

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 07:46:41 am »
Becky,  I have to be in agreement with you here.  I basically have my fiance, kids, and my sister.  Not too many friends and do  not go anywhere.  Have a great one!!

garyinnevada

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 09:00:37 am »
Charlie,
Ive been watching your work progress for maybe 8 years or so. I dont post a lot but Im online every single day. Ive been to your website dozens of times admiring your work. I dont do the type of work you do any longer but I still love looking at it.
Im a very depressed person also, after losing my Wife a year ago. Life can be a real B.... sometimes, but we need to try and keep our heads up and roll with the punches.
I would love to get some lessons from you sometime on your original style and technique.

You Rock Dude!

Gary

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:10 am »
I have a big portable generator that will produce 85 amps at 120 volts. If you figure the average scroll saw will pull anywhere from  2 to 3 amps it should run 30 to 40 scrollsaws. I have a slide in camper for my truck, so I am good to go.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

garyinnevada

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 10:11:53 am »
I gotta tent just big enough for my saw!

Lets go!

SMF

Teknoromi