Author Topic: Way the Government works  (Read 810 times)

ChuckD

Way the Government works
« on: December 15, 2011, 03:13:30 pm »
A lot like the government.....
It's a slow day in Big Mamou , Louisiana .
The sun is beating down, and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

On this particular day a traveling Shreveport salesman is driving through town. He stops at the Hotel Cazan and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to
pick one in which to spend the night.

As soon as the man walks upstairs, Bosco, the owner, grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to Boudreaux the butcher.

Boudreaux takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to Trosclair the pig farmer.

Trosclair takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill at T-Boy's Farmers Co-op, the local supplier of feed and fuel.

T-Boy, at the Farmer's Co-op, takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, Clarise, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

Clarise rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with Bosco, the hotel owner.

Bosco then places the $100 back on the counter so the travelling salesman will not suspect anything.

At that moment the salesman comes down the stairs, picks up the $100 bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.

The whole town is now out of debt. However, no one produced anything and no one earned anything and no one has anything left.

And that, my friend, is how the United States Government is conducting business today.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Way the Government works
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 03:30:59 pm »

TRUTH that is stranger than fiction!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

chief

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 05:22:00 pm »
In simple terms you nailed it. 

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 05:34:28 pm »
Our government works in exactly the same way lol
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 06:28:25 pm »
Hi Keefie, I agree 100%. If our Government had twice as many brains they would still be half wits!!!.
Rob Roy.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 07:27:50 pm »
Rob, if they had twice as much brains they still wouldn't reach the brainpower of a half wit lol
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

daliclimbs

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 11:23:57 pm »
Sad but true!!!

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 05:35:06 am »
You got that right "no one produced anything and no one earned anything and no one has anything left."  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi