Author Topic: Pattern share idea..  (Read 1582 times)

Dustyknees

Pattern share idea..
« on: May 15, 2010, 12:25:53 pm »
Hi Steve..First off,you have done a great thing in starting your forum. Great people,great ideas,great fun! Very pleased to be a part of it. A number of us we're wondering if we could get an area where we could share our patterns. The pattern request area is great,but to have a place where we could post to share would be awesome. Just a thought..Thanks for everything you do,Dustyknees (Jon)

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: Pattern share idea..
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:08:20 pm »
Hi Dustyknees, I am concerned about people posting copyrighted patterns. I am still thinking about how I can control what gets uploaded. Sometimes people don't understand what is sharable and what it not. It's a great idea just difficult to implement.

Dustyknees

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:20:38 am »
Hi Steve..I imagine that controlling what is posted would be daunting. Maybe it is best that we swap patterns through email. Thanks again for all you do..Jon

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:25 am »
Swapping is a great idea but Steve is 'right on' regarding the 'copyright' situation.

You hit the nail with the idea of "Post" your cutting of a pattern and then let others request the pattern directly from you via 'email'.

This absolves Steve of any liability regarding those Copyright  Restrictions and puts the liability on the one who passes on the pattern.

We sure don't want to get our wonderful benefactor in trouble with any pesky "Pickers of Nits"!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 08:29:34 pm »
Hi Steve, 

I got into Scroll Sawing after retiring from the Photographic community.  Copyright is a hot issue there.  So long as you tell the posters that they are responsible I think you are O.K.  In all likelihood the worst that would happen is you would be warned to "cease and desist" on a specific posting(s) at which time you could take the offending material offline.
Sleep easy.

Bud Prine
best regards,

Bud Prine

SMF

Teknoromi