Author Topic: craft show best sellers  (Read 1549 times)

Offline bhenr99

• View Profile
craft show best sellers
« on: December 03, 2011, 06:44:59 pm »
I see a lot of people have done craft shows this year . Just wondering what your best sellers were this year.

Bob

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Re: craft show best sellers
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »
I'm basically a beginner, but due to the way OUR COUNTRY is going at present I would say crafts of a simple nature with not a lot of cutting where you can price ALL at a lower price.  My experience in Nov. was good with lots of Ornaments.  Two and Three bucks each will sell good.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 09:23:05 pm »
Hi Bob,

I've had a lot of luck with the sled ornaments and, surprisingly, portraits draw a lot of interest.

Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

ShadowB6

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 12:11:41 am »
Actually I've done quite well this year with both low & high priced items. Sold about 120 $3 to $4 items and also sold 23 $40 to $60 items. And December is looking good also. Not bad for a hobby. It does help though that I work in a 12,000 employee hospital. It's a built in customer base.

kennybruzda

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 12:32:39 am »
I just got done with a show at High Hill Ranch @ Apple Hill just north of Placerville CA, it started Labor Day and I left after Thanksgiving weekend. I was very surprised that my $5. ornaments and my $4.50 Christian Pins did not do well this year, my best sellers were the $49.00 and $79.00 Crosses were a big hit and I sold a lot of word art in the $20.00 to $40.00 range. This year was better than last. High Hill Ranch is all handcrafted, there is no China stuff except in the ranch gift shop.

Kenny

joey65746

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 12:52:22 am »
i have done great with 3d deer and sleds and other 3d cut stuff but the deer have sold out every time  and kids toys do great for me  i started out with a lot of clocks but they havent done so great  my famly has got most all of them now  i have done better selling to famly and friends then most shows i went to

daliclimbs

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 08:39:26 am »
It seems to be different every show for me. I do sell a lot of ornaments. Nature scenes seem to do well as does word art..

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 09:24:43 am »
 Shows here are hit and miss, crosses, ornaments, nativity scenes seem to be big sellers, along with clocks. Sold things that I had for  several years, never thought they would sell. You never know.  Edward

SMF

Teknoromi