Author Topic: Excalibur saws  (Read 3041 times)

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
Re: Excalibur saws
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 10:59:05 am »
I have had a Sears Craftman 18 inch for now about 2 years.  The only problem I have had was vibration.  I fixed that by adding some weight and now you can sit a glass of water on it while runniing.  I think it is what ever a person likes.  This is my 2 cents worth.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline termite

• View Profile
Re: Excalibur saws
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 11:39:49 am »
as i said i like my Dewalt & have no  intention of getting rid of it. i just wish after all these years
that they would have corrected this problem. as thick as this piece is i dont see how it bent just changing from one cut to another. i have a millright friend who thinks it might help if this piece
was made from steel. Dewalt would have to answer this question. as i said i havent had too much luck with tech support. this millright friend said if they have a German saw to buy it, they have the best machinist in the world. i agree with him. i have an RBI 220 vs but i dont like the bottom blade holder. it is a hassle to change blades & switch from one cut to another. i am talking to POZSGAI'S DESIGNS about this. he is going to design one for my saw. what he has wont work on my saw. sorry
to talk so long

SMF

Teknoromi