Author Topic: Damn! this thing gets in the way!  (Read 606 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Damn! this thing gets in the way!
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:55:03 pm »
Tried to put on my Cardinals cap and knocked the darn thing off!

And realized that I can't flip my reading glasses and sunglasses on top of my head any more.....

Oh Well...........

I'll accept it!

HUGZZZZZZZZZZ to you all!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

Re: Damn! this thing gets in the way!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 02:58:03 am »
 ;D Think you need bigger cap. At least you will be able to hear the cheering for your team now, even if you can't keep your cap on. Remember ever negative has a positive somewhere.

David

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:48:03 am »
Hey GB, I didn't realize that you had an external device., So you can remove it when you go to sleep? Sounds like the best of both worlds!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:50:27 am by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 11:48:41 am »
Just for everyone's information I am going to do some writing and take a picture or two and post soon.

The 'implant' is actually what is placed under the scalp by the surgeon. Then there is an external 'coil' that attaches on the outside over the 'implant' and the 'processor' hangs on the ear looking much like a 'behind the ear, BTE) hearing aid.

The implant and the coil each have magnets so they can be held together through the scalp.
The processor picks up the sounds, converts to electronic impulses and sends them to the coil. The implant picks up the electronic impulses, passes them on to the brain to be turned back into sounds.
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi