Author Topic: Messed up world  (Read 1122 times)

Dawie

Messed up world
« on: October 18, 2011, 11:38:12 pm »
Saw this on the FB wall of a friend just wanted to share.
David

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Messed up world
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:49:15 pm »
Out of sight, out of mind. You are right David, It is a messed up world!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:04 am »
Sure is!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:43:00 am »
I agree it certainly is messed up.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:47:08 am »
A case of i'm all right Jack to h**l with the rest of you. Crazy, crazy world right enough!!
Roy

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:37:09 am »
you are so right david!

thanks for bringing this in mind.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:55:45 am »
So True and So SAD!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

thumbs

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 03:24:18 pm »
Amen , Chachi--when every child in this country doesn't go to bed at night hungry or go to school hungry, then help other country--some of us in this country think that because they are getting by everyone is getting by--I have 4 sons and only 2 haven't lost their jobs- with a total of 7 grand kids they are having a hard time. I don't have a lot of money saved away for a rainy day but I'll use every penny I got to make sure none of my family goes hungry. So far we are doing okay, but when and I do mean when, the s--t hits the fan, I pray that all of us can take care of our own--that's my 3 cents--you forgot inflation, Chachi---Richard aka thumbs

Dawie

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 03:35:59 pm »
I really did start something here, didn't I. I can appreciated where you are coming from Chachi and Thumbs. Looking at it from your point of view puts things in another perspective. That's the nice thing about this forum that we can all feel free to speak what's really on our minds. So why would I want to remove your reply Chachi? You are free to have your opinion.

Have a great day everybody.
David

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 06:23:12 pm »
I must agree with Chachi on at least one point.
Movie stars are so proud and get their names in the media because the adopt children from third world countries when we in the US have plenty of adoptable children available.
They have telethon's to raise money to feed the starving overseas when we have allot of homeless and hungry people right here within our borders.
Charity begins at home and our way of life does not work for every other country around the globe.

Just my two and one half cents worth.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

chief

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 12:12:13 am »
I agree with Chachi on the foreign countries.
Roger the reason a lot of rich people adopt from other countries is because it is easier and in the US if you adopt a child the mother can change her mind in a certain amount of time and get the child back.  Thats why so many people adopt foreign babies.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 02:56:20 am »
I have to agree that charity begins at home.
Most of the aid to foreign nations is politically driven to get favor from other nations and brownie points with whichever party they belong to or voting group they want to get votes from.
It really isn't about helping the people that are starving much as they would have you believe.
Once that situation is no longer in the spotlight you never hear any thing more about it or the results of all the money and aid sent to the disaster area.

The middle east is a situation that has evolved, by direction of our Government, from our war with terrorists, into nation building and making "Friends" with the population and governments in the area. They are all too happy to receive what Uncle Sam sends with open hands. But how about open minds or hearts? Probably not. We need to destroy those terrorists then get out of Dodge, and let the factions work out their own problems. They have been at war with each other for thousands of years and are still living in the dark ages.

Speak softly and carry a big stick still works.
Not this crap about how bad America is.

How many grave yards of our soldiers are on foreign soil from our coming to the aid of our allies and defending their freedoms? Do they appreciate it, have they paid back their debt to us? I don't think so.

Our world today has become messed up by folks believing in entitlements that the government and those with money should bail them out. While they aren't required to earn it for themselves.
This country was not founded on those principals. They are entitled to Life, Liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness (read as  "Property"). No guarantees of success!
Once you take all you receive to live on from the Government without earning it, you have become a slave to that government because they can take it away at any time of their choosing!

I know because I am one, I bought into SS and my retirement which I paid into from age 16, and I receive a pittance, just enough to starve on if I was alone, as it is my wife's retirement funds make it just possible to survive and enjoy our selves a little as long as we're very careful.

SS was supposed to go into it's own protected savings account, away from the General Fund that the Government uses, but that is no longer true. It goes into the General Fund and Congress and the White House can spend it as they see fit, and have, which is why SS is broke!

OK enough ranting I'll get off my soapbox, and let my blood pressure return to normal.

My Dollar 2.98 worth!
Gabby
Serious enough for ya?
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 12:19:28 pm »
Interesting....

Seems we have a bit of a 'discussion' going on here and so far no one has gotten their nose out of joint and I am happy to see what's happening.

Just a 'gentle' reminder...let's Keep It Civil and on subject so we can continue if we desire.
The purpose of an 'argument' or 'debate' is to gain information and facts and view the opinions of others...NOT to be RIGHT!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 12:58:06 pm »
Rest assured I will make sure it stays a civil discussion and doesn't get out of control. ;)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 01:46:18 am »
Rest assured I will make sure it stays a civil discussion and doesn't get out of control. ;)
Well Darn I never even said DANG one time. LOL
Missed my chance didn't I?  ;D ;D ;D
LMBO
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi