Author Topic: RE: SawStop!!!  (Read 1982 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
RE: SawStop!!!
« on: October 10, 2011, 11:23:17 am »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

DaveP

Re: RE: SawStop!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:01:14 pm »
I'm lost for words.

However, there is blame in this case but it sure should not of been with the saw manufacturer

cherie

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:56:21 pm »
Yep, I read this on Face Book.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:28:31 pm »
If you cut you self with a saw or what ever and it is faulty who is to blame the manufacturer, if you cut your self and the saw or what ever is not faulty you are a bl??dy idiot and should not be using such things, that is all I can say
Jimbo

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:18:11 am »
OK so I want one on my scroll saw tomorrow, I'm probably stupid enough to push my finger all the way through that little blade.
Dripping with sarcasm!!!

Sue the Boss that didn't train the man, and disabled the safety equipment that was factory installed in the first place. Not the manufacturer.

Just like sueing the gun makers after someone is hurt or killed by a device that was made for that very purpose in the first place.
DUH!

Gun's don't kill people. People kill people. With WHATEVER is convenient at the time!

Saws don't hurt people, stupid / ignorant people hurt themselves with saws.

Next thing someone will sue the knife makers for cutting their pinky, and want to get rid of all sharp knives. Same mentality.

Big brother save me from my stupid ignorant self!
Bah!!!!

Sign me PO'd
Gabby
Yup, Ron White got that one right!
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:15:32 pm »
Hey Gabby,  I saw a T-shirt that read   "Guns don't kill people.  Fathers of pretty daughters kill people".  If I could fine one I would buy it for my oldest son who has a 17 year old daughter.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

tux_linux

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 06:49:45 pm »
Only in America...

In Germany you're busted because the insurance will take the medical costs but not what comes afterwards (disability insurance is pretty common in Germany).

@ Bill
thx - I'm gonna use that phrase ;D

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:55:32 pm »
If you listen to country music there is a song where the father greets his daughters date, says come on in, I'm just sitting here cleaning this gun.
Goes on to tell him when to bring her home, saying I'll be up all night just cleaning this here gun!
Think the kid got the message?  ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

tux_linux

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 04:34:55 am »
Rodney Atkins - clean'in this gun -> Song @youtube

IT's fine to me as long as the boys have a hair cut, their cap straight and a belt on their trousers...

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 01:02:55 pm »
Hey Gabby,  I saw a T-shirt that read   "Guns don't kill people.  Fathers of pretty daughters kill people".  If I could fine one I would buy it for my oldest son who has a 17 year old daughter.

I have 3 daughters.... so tell me if you find one.

btw, I send a link to all my girls, they better warn their friends  ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:13:10 pm by Marcellarius »
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

tux_linux

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 03:46:42 pm »
One could combine that sentence with the gun that Steve had in the pattern newsletter. I'd hang it right in the hall.... ;D

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 10:57:19 am »
That's a good idea Torsten!  Maybe Grampa or one of our great pattern makers could do it for us.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:03:31 am »
By the way:

GB: I didn't mean to hijack the thread.  i have read just about everything regarding this lawsuit, and my personal opinion is that the manufacturer had about the least fault of anyone involved in the incident.  I am just astonished at how people refuse to take any personal responsibility for their own actions anymore.  Even down to the point of pedestrians at crosswalks.  I know they have the right of way, but if I am on foot, you better believe I look before crossing regardless of who has the right of way.  I think this "entitlement" attitude is the cause of much of the world's  problems.  That is not to say there aren't people with legitimate cases, but things have gotten more than a little extreme.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 11:54:10 am »
Ron White uses a line that was originally used by a St. Louis late night talk show host many years ago...

You Can't Fix Stupid!

Coincidentally the talk show host's name was Jim White.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 11:56:40 am »
I agree with Bill that the manufacturer was the least responsible, and that people today don't seem to want to take responsibility for their own stupidity.  I remember a few years ago in California that a man decided to trim his hedge, and used his rotary lawn mower to do the job. When he lifted it by the cowling he whacked his fingers (imagine that!) and then sued the manufacturer for not having put in some form of shield to keep his fingers out.  It's getting crazy...
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

SMF

Teknoromi