Author Topic: Hello from beautiful Nova Scotia!  (Read 1277 times)

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Hello from beautiful Nova Scotia!
« on: May 09, 2010, 11:00:27 am »
Hi, everyone!  My name is Sheila Landry and I am originally from the Chicago area and now live in beautiful Nova Scotia.  I love all types of woodworking and scroll sawing, as well as decorative and fine art painting.  I am fortunate enough to be able to design scroll saw, woodworking and painting patterns for a living and have been working as a Contributing Editor for Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazine for over 13 years, as well as have my own pattern company, Sheila Landry Designs.

I love mixing up different techniques to make unusual and unique designs that are fun to make and give to others.  I find that woodworkers in general are some of the most kind, giving and generous people in the world and it makes life a joy to be able to interact with them on a daily basis.  In my many years of teaching both scrolling and painting, I found that I learn as much as I teach from my students and customers.  There are always several paths to a single destination, I find.

I look forward to participating and learning from this forum and the wonderful people involved here.  I only recently discovered this site and I am absolutely amazed at the quality of patterns that Steve comes up with, as well as the readers' contributions.  I think it is a wonderful vehicle that will help our scroll saw community grow and stay healthy and I hope that I can contribute to it in a positive way!

Thanks, Steve for your hard work and making all this possible!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from beautiful Nova Scotia!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:58:42 am »
Hi Sheila,
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:37 pm »
Thank you very much, Russ!  I am looking forward to meeting everyone and both learning from and helping others here at the forum.  It is so nice to see such a comprehensive site with such a great variety of talented and creative people! Nice to meet you!
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 05:05:03 pm »
Sheila,
Welcome the the forum! It is a great site Isn't it! I'm familiar with your work and have your website on my favorites. I know you will have a lot to offer to this site. Welcome!
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi