Author Topic: New Layout for my shop  (Read 3650 times)

MikesWoodShop

New Layout for my shop
« on: May 08, 2010, 10:21:22 pm »
So I had a galley kitchen style layoyt in my shop and I was running out of room fast! After a little configuration and ALOT of clean up I figured now would be the ideal time to take a quick picture before it looked like a disaster again. So here is my new layout, lots of room and lots of room for future expansion. The two car garage is slowly being dominated ... shhhhh don't tell my wife  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marshall

Re: New Layout for my shop
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »
Looks great , wish I had mine this clean > which will never happen ..........Marshall
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:37:51 am by Marshall »

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:40:15 am »
That looks like a palace to me lol.  If you saw my "corner of the kitchen" shop, you know what I mean.  I'm jealous!  Nice work!

dankc908

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 07:30:40 am »
So I had a galley kitchen style layoyt in my shop and I was running out of room fast! After a little configuration and ALOT of clean up I figured now would be the ideal time to take a quick picture before it looked like a disaster again. So here is my new layout, lots of room and lots of room for future expansion. The two car garage is slowly being dominated ... shhhhh don't tell my wife  ;D

You will be the surprised one when you find one of your nice tools under her car!!!!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:10:18 am »
You only think you had a 'challenge'!
Try stuffing almost the same amount of equipment in a ONE car garage that has to be used by a female who is very picky about her car and garage! (no not wife!)
Everything I use is either on casters, a hoist, mounted to the joists or hinged to the wall!
One thing I will say though is it forces me to keep order and keep it clean!

Nice job on your solutions!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

cherie

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:46:57 am »
Nice and clean...but for how long?  LOL.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 11:37:41 am »
You mean we are suppose to keep it clean? :o :o :o
Dan In Southern California

Dragonlord85

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 11:44:05 am »
A clean workshop is a workshop not being used so go ahead and make a mess in your workshop.

supershingler

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 01:39:07 pm »
my motto is:  "no sawdust on the floor no money in the bank"
i always figured a clean shop mean no projects to do.
last time i cleaned was to have my woodworkers guild monthly meeting and caught a rash about a clean shop lol.

kendall

JCoff

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 11:50:37 pm »
Don't worry about the comments on your clean shop ...................... mine looks like it has never been used but its because I work in a Dirty, oily Machine Shop for a living so I make it a practice to clean up when I'm done in my shop. Your shop looks great have fun in it.

Jeff

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 02:52:59 am »
Thats not a work shop that is paradise, I'm also a woodturner and that is a messy hobby
Jimbo

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 10:58:39 am »
My shop is a ancient one car detached garage.  When I clean it out I just open the doors to the alley and fire up my leaf blower and let the chips fly!  I do make sure the neighbors don't have any clothes on the line first though.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Fred

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 12:52:12 pm »
I wouldn't know what to do with all of that room. Sorry guys but my shop is so small that if I didn't keep it cleaned up it would be a safety hazard in short order. LOL

Rightarm

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 12:58:02 pm »
  I need to build a work bench along my garage wall like that. 2 car garage and still not enough room, I have to bring the wife's vehicle in at night. Well I guess it's better than what I used to have.....nothing. Dave 8)

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 02:16:32 pm »
Do you hire out to clean shops.  I may be interested.
best regards,

Bud Prine

SMF

Teknoromi