Author Topic: Computer Died  (Read 780 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Computer Died
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:14:28 am »
Last Sunday my modem died  :'(so on Monday I did a deal with my service provider and they sent me a new modem 'free of charge'.  :D It arrived on Thursday and I had a few problems with connection ???and had to go to the local computer shop they asked me to take my computer in to them, so I dropped it off & they said that it would be ready to be picked up in 1 hour.  Went back a little earlier and the lady at the desk asked if I had had a noise when it was switched on yes I said its just the fan (because that was the problem once before), no said the lady the hard drive is dying. C#*p. :-[ While thinking that the computer tech. came out looking very sheepish and told me that it had just died.  :'( Yes I lost the lot.  :'( Thankfully I had backed up all of my photos, :D but nothing else.  >:( So I have spent a fair bit of today putting back things I can remember, ??? wrong time to have a seniors moment.  ::) So the moral of this story consists of 3 parts. 1 don't do deals to get a free modem.  2 Listen to the computer when it is making a weird noise and 3 backup EVERYTHING. :-*

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Died
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:45:33 am »
OUCH!!!!

Just for information sake...

I have TWO external HD's and I back up daily to BOTH!

Everything electronic WILL fail at some poing...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 03:08:16 am »
Yeah my son in law is going to get one for me and show me what to do, because I don't want to go through this again.  It is not fun.

Marg
MARG

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 02:38:23 am »
My computer is back in the shop, the stupid thing won't let me install Office or my photo program says I don't have enough memory when there is more than the other computer had.  Some times I hate technology.

Marg
MARG

SMF

Teknoromi