Author Topic: Today on WOOT.com....  (Read 893 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Today on WOOT.com....
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:55 am »
http://www.woot.com/

Dremel Trio Rotary Tool Kit

$59.99
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: Today on WOOT.com....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:00:54 pm »
I received this tool, as a Christmas present, from one of my kids and have yet to find a use for it.

It's only been out of it's case once so I could try it out cutting a circle in thin 3/32" wood, results were just OK. 

Would be good for cutting holes in Drywall, but those days are behind me, I hope. 

Tool looks pretty, but question it's usefulness
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »
I bought one of these at Home Depot and tried it out. I used it one time and took it back. Not enough power. I tried it in 1/4" BB and it kept stalling out.

Oges

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 04:31:17 pm »
I saw that in my local big chain hardware store the other day (fellow Aussies will know the one im referring too) unfortunately it was nowhere near the price Woot is asking. I was needing a new rotary tool and this one looked interesting but couldnt justify the $169 they wanted for it.
More evidence of how ripped off we are with prices in this country, and they wonder why a lot of people are buying products from overseas on the internet now, especially with our dollar being in good shape at the moment. Anyway, sorry for getting off topic.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:37:28 pm »
I posted this to get your reactions...I have seen them and was not impressed.
Nothing there that I can't do with the other tools in my arsenal...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi