Author Topic: Hello from Ireland.  (Read 1795 times)

Granny Gael

Re: Hello from Ireland.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 11:04:00 pm »
Hi, one way to start - which I did, is start slow and small. I get bored easily and try a whole bunch of things other than scrolling. Talk it over with her and search for a machine maybe that's not perfect. Once you make something for her first - good or bad, maybe that will help. then you can slowly get more tools, software or supplies. If I sell stuff, my husband is happier and he is more likely to encourage me to buy better quality supplies or whatever if I don't eat up our joint account with frivolous purchases.

My first husband bought a 1 man plane he was "going" to put together, and he would buy cars and tell me later. He had a wreck in one and the police called me to take him to the doctor. That was a surprise.  Probably your marriage is a higher priority. But I think everyone needs something to do that really is interesting and fun.

If you don't like it, then you have a better chance of getting rid of what you bought maybe if it doesn't fill your garage. Otherwise you will be having a large garage sale.

Granny Gael

SMF

Teknoromi