Author Topic: Many thanks....  (Read 1950 times)

northie66

Many thanks....
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:09:59 pm »
I can't thank you all enough for the help this site has provided me.  Steve, thanks from the bottom of my heart :)

I got my foot pedal... and I'm loving it!  I not longer have to take my hand off my work to stop the saw.  I still every now and then smack my hand up on the power switch... but it won't take long and I'll stop that.

I fixed my thumb screw (and the screw on the other side of it - I forget what it's called) and now my blade is square.  I also learned that I don't need to over tighten that thumb screw.  Since my blade is now straight, I no longer have to push the wood into the blade.  Now I know how it feels to "just let the blade cut the wood".  And since the top of the blade stays straight because I fixed the thumb screw setup, the blade slides easily into the drill holes.

Also, I now know (or at least have a rough idea) of which blade I should be using.  I chose a scroll reverse and it worked great.  Although I think any blade would work great because I got the saw so tuned up :)

I could go on... I'm one happy camper :)  Many thanks!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Many thanks....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:54 pm »
Way to go Janet! Sounds like your getting the hang of it!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 10:09:04 pm »
Now you know first hand what I was talking about in my earlier post.

There is not a friendlier, more helpful and caring group of people than "SCROLLERS"!

Very glad everything worked out for you!!!!

Make some DUST!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:14 pm »
Hi Janet, isn't it great when a plan comes together?

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:43:34 am »
That's super Janet.  Now lets see a bunch of pics of your work...
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

northie66

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:29:44 am »
dunk - You can see some of my work on my website link.  I just made that (with the help of cherie) like 2 weeks ago though so it's not built up alot yet.

SMF

Teknoromi