Author Topic: I need some help again  (Read 2542 times)

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• This a my home built scroll saw.
    • View Profile
I need some help again
« on: August 28, 2011, 01:50:46 pm »
Hi Y'all my name is Tracy and my daughter is getting married this Friday and her married name will be Dart.  I have been looking all over for a clock pattern that resembles a regulation dart board but not as large.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.
Hi my name is Tracy Ranson, my favorite quote is "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Chachi

Re: I need some help again
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 02:56:08 pm »
Do you want the Clock pattern to be a Dart board or do you want a pattern that can be made into a clock the More detail you give the closer our Pattern makers can get what you want it to look like.

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:51:27 am »
Do you want the Clock pattern to be a Dart board or do you want a pattern that can be made into a clock the More detail you give the closer our Pattern makers can get what you want it to look like.

I would like a pattern that looks like a dart board that can be made into a clock.  Instead of using a clock insert I would like to use a standard clock mechanism that can be mounted on the back.     
Hi my name is Tracy Ranson, my favorite quote is "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Oges

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:32:29 pm »
Hi,
Just to make clear what you are requesting.
You are after a pattern like a dart board (example attached), with a clock mechanism mounted in the bulls eye position and have the numbers 1 - 12 positioned around the edge of the dart board?
Were you wanting the numbers 1 - 20 on the dartboard also?

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:56:50 am »
Hi,
Just to make clear what you are requesting.
You are after a pattern like a dart board (example attached), with a clock mechanism mounted in the bulls eye position and have the numbers 1 - 12 positioned around the edge of the dart board?
Were you wanting the numbers 1 - 20 on the dartboard also?

The example looks good.  The only numbers that are needed are the 1-12.  I was thinking if I would put the clock pattern on one sheet of birch plywood and then add a backer board and decorative moulding it would be okay.  What do you think?

Chachi

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:36:01 am »
In this Hobby you are only limted by your own Imaganation and the size of the wood and saw (lol) I would make it look like a regular dart board with all the fancy extra stuff that would look cool in any MAN-cave or game room.

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:06 am »
In this Hobby you are only limted by your own Imaganation and the size of the wood and saw (lol) I would make it look like a regular dart board with all the fancy extra stuff that would look cool in any MAN-cave or game room.

For those who are interested, when I am finished with the dartboard plans which will be in about a few day s because we are preparing for a wedding on Friday.  I will post the plans in PDF and DXF if you which.  I am making this project on my home build CNC router using a .0312 bit or 1mm bit to get the tight corners and smooth cuts to reduce sanding.  Sure I could cut this on my delta saw but I am physically handicapped which makes using the delta a little more difficult and that's why I build a CNC router that is accurate in the tenths. I needed just enough help to point me in the right direction to get started  I have never seen or felt a dart board thats why I was asking for help.  My future son-in-law was kind enough to bring over a dart board last night so that I could take a good look at it.  I have already made the clock hands out of brass using an actual dart as a guide.  It will have all the bells and whistles for the "Man Cave".

Chachi

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:47 am »
Sweet Yeah I sure would like to that Pdf file for sure... Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 11:25:02 am »
Sweet Yeah I sure would like to that Pdf file for sure... Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Give me a few days perhaps a week and I will get y'all a copy of my dart board design.  My daughter is getting married tomorrow and with all that has been going on around my house I have not had the time to complete the Dart Board design but I do have a good start on it.  Not to mention that I am also making the forming tools to make dart shaped "hour" and "minute" hands out of brass.  I am also working on a project that I am submitting in the Utah state fair and that project needs to be completed by the 7th.  I also have customer orders that need to be filled as well.  I work my business during the day and go to the J.O.B. aka "just over broke" in the evenings.  My days off are spent working to get caught up.  Today and tomorrow are my days off and I have not had time to do anything other than wedding stuff.  The good news is I will get the design and everything else completed by next tuesday the 6th.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:10:15 pm by knottywoodcrafts »

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 02:41:25 am »

Here's the pattern of the clock I made for my daughter

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 03:03:41 am »
Looking good, post a photo of it in the gallery when you get it finished..
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Chachi

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 08:33:51 am »
That looks really awesome cant wait to see the Finshed Project your on the right road for sure...

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:01 pm »
That looks really awesome cant wait to see the Finshed Project your on the right road for sure...

I should have the project completed before my daughter gets back from her honeymoon in 12 days.  I will post a picture of the finished product and in the mean time I need to figure out how to make the actual file smaller and submit the pattern.  Any ideas on how to do that.  I use Coreldraw x4 and x5.

Chachi

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 01:49:01 am »
Nope I still don't know how to post a picture the right way on here. I'm sure someone will chime that uses that one.

SMF

Teknoromi