Author Topic: Off to College  (Read 672 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Off to College
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:50:04 pm »
My son started college yesterday! Not the grand departure we had hoped as it is the local community college, Ten minutes away. But college non the less. I told him at dinner last night that from this point on, he is doing something I did not do, so make the best of it. Here's hoping he does!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: Off to College
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:11 pm »
I sure hope he is studying something useful in real life. So much of what's available isn't.
Wish him God Speed from the old gabber.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SheGold

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:31:32 pm »
DG congrats to your son.. I had the same feeling when my oldest and youngest went to college.. Give him loads of support and pray each day he doesn't get side tracked.. A big way to go to you and your son... Sheila

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:46:03 pm »
As a former Californian, community college = affordable!!! no problem there...he's on the right track to become an economist/accountant ;D ;D my wife started at Cabrillo, then went to Chico ;)   Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:14:29 pm »
I understand, Dan!  My daughter starts tomorrow!  Same situation although not a Community College, still a local one though.  Not sure where the time has gone.  Seems like just last year she was sitting in my lap while we watched Barney together!  SOMEBODY, SLOW THIS TRAIN DOWN!!!!  Jeez!

Congrats! ;)

SMF

Teknoromi