Author Topic: Steve Goods e-mail today 8-22-11  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Goods e-mail today 8-22-11
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 03:18:50 am »
Marg, I've noticed this since we first talked. And have a foot note for it.

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............ Then I catch h377 for being gone!
LOL
Gabby

Hmmmm I wonder if that applies to Steve too?

Naw I didn't think so.  ;D
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »
:) I was just checking the forum before hitting the sack and saw this thread. You guys are pretty special.

I'll tell you a little story. After I posted the comment about needing the week I was on vacation to rest. I was hit by a nasty case of food poisoning. I spent about 30 hours in bed curled up in the fetal position wondering if an alien was hatching inside my stomach.

I remember waking up at one point and saying how much I wished I could be out in the shop scrolling. It's funny how a simple invisible parasite can change your perspective on things. Sunday I just wanted to lay on the couch and be lazy and yesterday I wanted to be anyplace but laying down. :)

I take a lot more time away from the blog than it appears. My wife and I spend more time together now that we ever have in our 32 year marriage. Believe it or not I cook all the meals and do the house work(poorly). She is retired now because of disability with her back and deserves to be taken care of for all the work she has done over the years. Before someone picks up on me cooking and the food poisoning mentioned above it was not my cooking LOL.

Burnout is not as much of a problem as disappointment. The less enthused I am about sitting down to work the worse the patterns get. It would be impossible to design a new intermediate pattern everyday so I throw in a lot of basic patterns. On those days we are only talking about 2 or 3 hours work. That's sustainable but it gets disappointing to me when I get too many of those in a row. That's what happened last week. I was putting up marginal patterns and that is just not much fun.

Here is the problem. When you write a blog and you want it to grow you have to post nearly everyday or the readers will go away. The content also has to be worth the readers attention or again they go away. There are a core group that will hang around but the blog won't support itself with just the core group. The ads you see in the email newsletter and on the blog page pay for the upkeep of the site, shop materials etc. If readers go away there is no revenue and my wife says "You want to do what with our money?". Now the blog will never be a lucrative money maker but it does have to pay the cost plus keep me happy with a new tool every now and then.

You can tell I'm feeling better because I'm rambling now. Thanks for all the support and kind words. Back to work.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 04:10:24 am »
A short response, naw that's impossible.  ;D

If I'm not mistaken Steve every writer ( even has a name, Writers Block ) or artist has times when every thing turns crappy, and a change of venue or whatever takes your mind away from the problem for a while is beneficial.
My wife requested I make a special quilt rack for her. This was 2 or 3 weeks ago. I just couldn't get motivated. Finally she "asked" again  ::) and for some reason a design came to mind. I have it on paper now and will probably have most of it done tomorrow. Already got her approval, she likes it!
After it's done I'll share it here, in all its simplicity.

So after that ramble, take a break now and then it's good for you. Go make some sawdust making big pieces into little pieces and throw them all in the trash! No pressure!!!!!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:12 am »
Steve I can relate to the food poisoning issue I have so been there it is the worst feeling ever Glad to see you are over it. We Love having this blog and forum for us so I don't think you need to worry about readers going away I have been to other forums for scrolling and they don't even scratch the surface of what we have here there is just no "family" feel to it so once the readers come here and hang out they get hooked and stay with all the wonderful people and patterns we have here and all that you do for us they will stay ( It hate to do it but it is so fitting here) If you build it they will come...........and then they will stay much like the rest of us have stayed...
Point to this ramble is the fact that anytime you need a break is ok with all of us as long as your health and state of mind are being takein care of is all that matters to us and trust me when I say this you have enough patterns on the Blog to keep anyone busy for a week or two while you rest. And as for the readers that come here we have enough going on for them be stay busy from day to day so no worries there............

JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! We will handle the rest.

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 04:24:10 pm »
Steve, take care.  These guy handles me and I know you will be proud of them when you get back going again.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 11:54:03 pm »
Steve 

JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! We will handle the rest.

Chachi That's probably what worries him! LMBO   ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 02:42:26 am »
Yes Gabby thta would be my Guess for sure lol but then thats why Russ is in charge, To keep us all in line when Steve isn't here.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 04:15:57 am »
We've got to get him a badge, with PC police on it.
BIG ;D!
ROFLMBO
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 09:58:29 am »
ROFLMAO!!!!!! yeah Gabby maybe we can get Paul to make it for us..... lol

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 11:11:34 am »
Ha, Ha, Ha, badge with PC police on it. Just remember he who laughs last, laughs best. You may laugh now, thinking you have won, but you may not prevail in the end.  :P  :P  :P

Just one click of the mouse and "Poof Be Gone" banned forever.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D (Smirks with an evil laugh)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:26 pm »
UH OH the power has gone to his head.
We're in deep doo doo now.

Trembling in his boots with fear! LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 01:19:03 pm »
Um Um Um Gabby you not speak ill of our best friend Russ in such a manner they get you Banned Russ I swear I can't prove now mind you but I swear Gabby hacked my computer some how and posted all that stuff about the PC police badge and stuff *sticking tounge out at Gabby* I swear Russ ol buddy ol pal of mine I would never say anyyyyything about you like that...... ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Promise *fingers crossed Hopeing russ don'rt look behind my back*

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 01:21:32 pm »
Um Um Um Gabby you not speak ill of our best friend Russ in such a manner they get you Banned Russ I swear I can't prove now mind you but I swear Gabby hacked my computer some how and posted all that stuff about the PC police badge and stuff *sticking tounge out at Gabby* I swear Russ ol buddy ol pal of mine I would never say anyyyyything about you like that...... ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Promise *fingers crossed Hopeing russ don'rt look behind my back*

You're BAD Chachi BAD to the bone! We WERE friends!

LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 01:26:13 pm »
No Gabby Not Bad Just a suck up when it counts lol!! This was one of those times that it counted lol

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »
I WAS going to say that but decided I'd let you off lightly.  ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi