Author Topic: WE GOT RAINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!  (Read 1467 times)

Chachi

WE GOT RAINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
« on: August 13, 2011, 11:02:08 am »
At about 3 am this Morning (8-13-11) I was awakend by the loud roar of a thunder clap (here in Texas thunder rolls) so I jumped out of bed and ran to the window to see a wonderful sight Our old friend RAIN he came back to us (and it is still comeing down at 10 am) so Praise The lord we have gotten rain it is not enough to make up for what has been lost due to the drought by any means but it is rain we here in Texas will take what ever we can get fingers crossed that it breaks this heat wave we are under.. However I will be enjoying the cold temps while I can (it's 72*F brrrrr cold lol) I'm just so Happy I had to share...

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: WE GOT RAINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:55:45 am »
Well it's about time! I hope you don't float away! ;D
Dan In Southern California

Offline beginner

• Maker of custom fire wood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 01:09:10 pm »
Glad your getting some of the wet stuff.  I remember my days in Texas with no rain.  Not good.  Anyway enjoy what you can of it. You could always take a jar out in the rain and collect some rain and save it for when there is another drought.
Jim

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 01:16:32 pm »
HOOORAY for Texas...AND Missouri!

We got a nice slow but long shower yesterday and prediction of more tonight!

Thanks Lord! we sure need it!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 02:29:38 pm »
I hope the other drought stricken areas get some too.
Marion have you had any yet? Her poor chickens are laying hard boiled eggs!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 05:33:07 pm »
We got some rain last week. 1/4" one day and 3/4" a day later. and then we just had another 1/4" yesterday morning. It had been about 50 days or more of dry weather and 100 degree temps for us this summer. Almost feels like a Kansas rain forest now.  :D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

LHayes

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 05:52:23 pm »
Sounds like the rain is going around.  I know some folks on the mainland have really had a bad time with the drought.  We got hit with a storm that dumped rain heavy most of yesterday.  We have been in a 7 year drought up untill this year.  Since we live in the desert, we never receive much rain when it comes, but yesterday I had just returned for the county wells with 400 gallons of free water in two tanks in the back of my truck and was ready to water our plants, when the sky opened up.  It rained for about 7 hours straight and I know we got more last night.  Today is sunny and hot..........  without a tropical breeze, it feels like 110 when its 80.

Glad some of you are receiving the needed rain.  Hope you get more of the wet stuff.

Larry

marmoh

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 06:02:30 pm »
Had a couple of decent showers today.  Now it is like a sauna outside.  My veggies sure appreciated the rain and are standing tall !!  We are still not as bad as other areas and I feel for everyone who needs rain.

tux_linux

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:05:29 pm »
I can send you some from Germany - we have different rains ins stock:

- From top
- From left
- From right
- from behind
- from front

We also supply different grades from 1 (lightest drizzle) up to 100 (buckets fallen from sky).

SheGold

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 08:06:15 pm »
Hey Chachi can you send me some.. I'm still dry as a powder keg.. I did get to see the flooding about 70 miles east of me.. I know you know where I'm talking.. There were a couple of cars washed into the arroyo off the loop.. Guess folks have forgot how to drive in rain ..LOL . Almost a year with no rain... Enjoy it Chachi I did while I was shopping.. Sheila in Texas

Chachi

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 10:06:53 pm »
Yes I do Sheila Oh hon I wish I could but we got just enough to make the grass grow we still need to fill the lakes and streams but at least it is a start... Monson season will be coming soon and I hope we get alot then (monson season here is days and days of rain that kind that causes floods) 

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 01:35:35 am »
Growing up in Arizona, I could never understand people driving into a flooded gully or wash, then being surprised when their cars were washed away.  ::)
You see it in the news every year, and those dummies keep right on doing it, you would think they would get the message, but noooo! They breed and multiply and vote, no wonder we're in such a mess!!!! I heard the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. There sure are some insane people out there!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 12:38:06 pm »
Growing up in Arizona, I could never understand people driving into a flooded gully or wash, then being surprised when their cars were washed away.  ::)
You see it in the news every year, and those dummies keep right on doing it, you would think they would get the message, but noooo! They breed and multiply and vote, no wonder we're in such a mess!!!! I heard the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. There sure are some insane people out there!
Gabby

People who do that sort of thing should be made to pay the costs of the rescue services to save their dumb asses. Or in the case of death it should be told in their obituaries the cause of death.
Stupid cannot be cured.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Waddawood

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »
I'm in Texas too.  To show how sparsely spread out the rain was.... I got hard rain for about 10 minutes here and my parents...who are only 13 miles away got hard rain for 2 hours.

SheGold

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 05:04:26 pm »
Well got a nice shower after church today.. Folks were holding purses and papers over there heads.. I was laughing thinking.. What a blessing to get a small shower, slow gentle rain, I just looked at them and said excuse me I won't melt.. Took out in it and loved every second it took to get me to the car.. People are so funny... Sheila

SMF

Teknoromi