Author Topic: football pattern  (Read 4150 times)

Offline golfman

• View Profile
football pattern
« on: August 02, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »
I am looking for a pattern to make for a fund raising auction that will take place when the Michigan vs Michigan State game is played. Maybe a pattern of their helmets or something like that. Any ideas? I don't know where to start.

Oges

Re: football pattern
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »
I would imagine that you'd need their written permission to use their helmets in a pattern first or any logo of theirs.

Chachi

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:19:08 pm »
I would you use the football pattern That Steve has and just put the names on it his was Packer Backer but you can easily change that to what ever you want it to say so I would go with that. I'm pretty sure Helmats are copy righted and all that stuff Same with the Mascots so watch out for that....

Good luck to you.

Offline golfman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 05:55:52 am »
I forgot about the copyright. I will try to figure out how to use that Packer backer any tips on finding the font. Thank you

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 10:08:07 am »
Hey Golfman, This is one of steves patterns, I just changed the words under it. ( I made it for my Michigan buddy

Chachi

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 10:14:44 am »
Font is easy You can Google downloadable fonts or open office.org and use what you already have or Microsoft word any of those will do.
  However I recomend downloadable fonts they are free and with enough digging you can find just the right ones I now have over 200 fon'ts to choose from..

Offline golfman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »
Thank you Chachi & crusty some day I will be a real scroller   Tom

Chachi

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 04:33:43 pm »
Hey Tom allow me to say I found out everything I know from right here on this Forum OUr little Family is great with helping everyone out... Our pattern makers stay on their toes with all the great Ideas everyone has..Don't be so harsh on yourself we are all still learning, so I guess you could say we are all "real scrollers" in traing LMAO!!

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 05:24:14 pm »
Hey Golfman, I wasn't exactly sure what you wanted in ways of a portrait or standalone pattern, so I went with a portrait style. I had to try to keep this as generic as possible, I know that these colleges have lawyers sitting around looking for copyright issues. So here's my attempt, hope it works for you, if not let me know and I'll try again.

Bob

Update, added Chachi's recommendation.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:19:49 pm by TripleB »

Chachi

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 05:42:39 pm »
Thanks for the share I snagged me a Copy.

We have 2 High schools here that are cross town rivals and when they play the town shuts down lol.. Your pattern will work great if this heat ever breaks here.

marmoh

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 06:28:00 pm »
Great pattern Triple B ... very nice of you to help..

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 12:47:23 am »
I hate to throw water on your campfire but the title, "Clash of the Titans" is very likely copy protected.

Be Careful out there!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 01:30:36 am »
Hey GB, I thought about that when I wrote it, but being it's from a movie that was made probably before I was born and it's a relatively commonly used phrase, and it's not an image, I figure it's probably safe from the watchful eyes of bored litigators.

It can be easily changed to something like "Clash of the Year" or anything else somebody more creative than me might think of, It was just the first thing that popped in my head. I also thought about, "Let's get ready to rumble" but those guys are very anal about their copyright so I decide against that one.

I'm open to any "Slogan" suggestions from anyone that might be more appropriate for the design, it's a very simple task to change it. I'll admit I didn't put a whole lot of time into this design. Thanks for looking out for us.

Bob

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 03:41:28 am »
I suppose "Head Bangers Ball" Is copyrighted too?
How about "A$$ Kicking Time"?
 :o  ::)
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline golfman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 05:35:54 am »
Thank you TripleB nice work

SMF

Teknoromi