Author Topic: Rascals!  (Read 483 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Rascals!
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:56:16 pm »
I have been pretty quiet about 'my' ballclub but I am going to give an update.

The Rascals are now firmly in first place after winning 12 of their last 13 games and two of those were 'come from behind' wins against the league's second place team.

The closest opponent in our division is now 7 1/2 games out and our 'magic number' is down to 20!

It is looking like we are pretty much a shoo-in for winning our division and very likely we will repeat as league champions.

Go RASCALS!!!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

tux_linux

Re: Rascals!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 02:20:43 am »
"The Rascals" - did I miss out on this?
Are you playing or are you the trainer? It's Baseball isn't it?
Sorry to ask so stupid, Baseball is not common in Germany. (indeed pretty small).

Anyway, congratulations on doing well there. It's sure fun to be out on the field.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Rascals!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:18:19 am »
Playing days are looooong past and I am now just a very strong fan of anything played "For Love of the Game"!

These are minor league baseball players age 18 to 27 who only get about $900 a month from May to September. So they play for the love of it and the slim chance they might get to advance to the Big Leagues.

Nothing like hearing the 'crack' of a WOOD bat hitting that ball when you are sitting in the first row behind the dugout!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi