Author Topic: How HOT has it been in St. Louis?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
How HOT has it been in St. Louis?
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:32:45 pm »
Now this is HOT!!!

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Chachi

Re: How HOT has it been in St. Louis?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:45:18 pm »
Texas is that Hot as well for sure good one GB lol

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:09:53 am »
I hate to tell you guys in the middle of the country, but it was only in the low 80's here in Southern California. It was very comfortably in the shop today!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:41:15 am »
Nice gentle downpour for about an hour day before yesterday, with some early morning drizzle yesterday morning, may have gotten to 80 today.
Ho Hum another beautiful day in paradise. LOL
At least the weather report was accurate. Kinda!  ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Chachi

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 02:26:22 am »
Hey Gb what say you and me go find these 2 and drag them kicking and screaming into our states?

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 03:36:55 am »
Hey Gb what say you and me go find these 2 and drag them kicking and screaming into our states?
Chachi, I grew up in the Valley of the Sun, Phoenix, AZ area  so you don't have to tell this old desert rat about heat. Been there done that, and had the good sense to find a retirement climate that wouldn't cook my brains, what there are of them, or freeze my butt off in the winter. Not much to do here except look at the snow on the mountains and all the green trees and blue rivers, oh and do a little scrolling now and then. So eat your heart out, I've paid my dues!   ;D ;D ;D
Gabby the Desert Rat!
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:42:32 am »
As soon as the heat lets up for you guys, It will get hot here. and when it does, we won't be crying about it!
Dan In Southern California

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 11:00:16 am »
I'm with you Gabby

Central Oregon Coast med 70's perfect for an older guy from N Idaho

JP
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

Chachi

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 11:21:04 am »
It's not so much the heat as it is the sun, it kills all the crops and grass sown here wich drives prices up the price of cotten and beef is bad enough already.
  Not to mention alot of us have water wells here so with no rain comes no water so we can't water the lawns no lawns watered no green grass no Green Grass no hay and food for cattle no food for cattle price of sky rockets....
   Plus my chickens don't like the heat they are heavy breeds (they are fat)and get overheated real easy...

@Gabby I understand where you are comeing from that is why I live in Texas now got tired of the freezing my butt off for 4 months in the winter.

@ Dan we don't cry about we just complain very loudly with a few tears to make it more dramatic lol

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:23:26 am »
Hey...if we cry we immediately 'dehydrate'!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

marmoh

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 12:18:29 pm »
Chachi ... Have to keep checking on the water for the chickens and running a fan for when they go to the coop.  Worried about hay for the horses for the winter ... prices on everything will be going up because of the floods washing out farmland and now the droughts.  The rain comes near my house and then goes the other way !!!  At least this week the sun hasn't been as brutal as it was so that helps.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 01:52:56 am »
Still thinking and praying Marion!

This started out as one of those "How hot was it" jokes but we all know how the weather is affecting everyone throughout the midwest and south. They should be in all our thoughts and prayers.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 12:30:10 pm »
Yes Marion All my chickens have a big fan on them (iI keep it on low so they don't get blown away lol The wwater buckets get filled every morning before the sun comes up they don't go outside till late afternoon when the sun starts going down (after I hose down the run to make the ground cool for them)

Graywolf

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 04:48:38 pm »
Starting to cool down here in IL. Will be better come Monday.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »
Supposed to top a hundred here this weekend, hit 85 today, still better than a 100 though.
I remember taking my wife to Phoenix Sky Harbour to catch a plane to her sons wedding.
It topped 120 F, they were pulling people off to reduce the take off weight. Density altitude was around 6000 feet. Actual altitude is about 1000 feet. They finally took off with about half the passengers.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi