Author Topic: patterns  (Read 1250 times)

Len

patterns
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:10:23 am »
I'll try this again, I posted it in the wrong place.I have been reading alot of post from members talking about making patterns from a photo, is there a program that a newb like myself can use to try this on, that will not cause me or another newb to pull all our hair out ::) you help is most welcome Len

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: patterns
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 10:40:54 am »
Hey Len, There is one program that is available, but is not necessarily the best  way to do it, but it does meet your parameters. Coyote Stencil Shop is designed for portraits and is easy to use. Check them out at www.carvingtechnologies.com
Dan In Southern California

jim stiek

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:48 pm »
Len
the coyote stencil is a good program, but forany program I would recomend a think pad drawing aid instead of the mouse, if I can be of more help send me an e-mail.
jim

Offline Paw Paw Ray

• View Profile
    • Paw Paws Workshop
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:28:30 am »
I use a free program "photo to sketch" then add lines or erase as needed to complete the pattern.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 08:17:14 pm »
Jim What is this think pad drawing aid you speak of?
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

jim stiek

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:32 am »
Gabby
I probably used the wrong name It is a sketch pad that uses a stylus instead of a mouse I use the Bamboo brand name, got it at a big box store, they can be had on the internet as well. I find the cursor much eaiser to control with this.
jim

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline bettyswood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »
I use the cheapest method.  Just put the item you are copying on a window and put copy paper over it and trace away.  (You can also use a light box).  Once you have your tracing use your copier to change it's size.

Chachi

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 05:29:37 pm »
I use Picasa 4 I turn the picture B&W then I clean it up with fill light shadows and highlight button's then I take it over to paint resize it and use the eraser to get rid of lines and the Line buttons to fix what needs to be fixed.
  I take my time so it takes me awhile but withalot of them I get a solid black OUTLINE then resize it from 120 to 500 depending on how pixalated it becomes but Most turn out pretty good Nothing like the Port Designs can do on here but it works for turn a picture into a pattern.

SMF

Teknoromi