Author Topic: freedom  (Read 1214 times)

shutterbugdm

freedom
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:28:27 pm »
hurry, just got clearance from my doctor that I can start scrolling again after 2 heart surgery's in 7 weeks. However, it is really hot in West Central Fla so starting slow and building up strength. But, I can make saw dust again.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: freedom
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:03:39 pm »
Just don't over do it. Take your time and enjoy your time behind the saw!
Dan In Southern California

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:15:48 am »
That's good news!  Can you bring your saw inside to stay out of the heat?  I hung a window A/C in my garage shop and only use it when I am out there working.  It takes the edge off the heat and drys out the air a good bit.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 10:37:58 am »
It's been brutal here also...high heat and humidity
I have survived by taking frequent short breaks inside to cool down.

Takes longer to get things done but it sure beats keeling over and waking up in an ambulance or not at all!

Like cutting...take it SLOW and Steady!

Another thing I do is not let myself or anyone else set 'deadlines' for the things I want to do...they will get done in due time!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

marmoh

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:35:01 pm »
Just go slow and easy.  Knowing that you can if you want to, should make it easier to limit yourself.  Take care and shortly you'll be back to 100 percent.

Chachi

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »
I miss my saw and shop it's been in the 100's here in Cent. Texas and I work in an all metal shop when its a 110 outside its close to 120 inside.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 03:04:37 pm »
That's good news!  Can you bring your saw inside to stay out of the heat?  I hung a window A/C in my garage shop and only use it when I am out there working.  It takes the edge off the heat and drys out the air a good bit.

If you do get some young strong guy to do the heavy lifting!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

shutterbugdm

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:16 pm »
Thank you all for the encouragement.
BilltheDiver, I can't put an A/C due to load restrictions from house to shed unless I rewire ($$$$$), so I have a large fan blowing in from door and one blowing out in window by the scroll saw. Works good, but breaks necessary more often.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 08:53:26 pm »
I understand.  My shop is an old small freestanding  1 car garage.  I ran a 240v line to it myself to run my air compressor and my well pump for irrigation.  Taking a 120 leg off of that for the window A/C was pretty easy.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline cskipper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 08:46:38 am »
I'm do glad you'll be able to start again.  As others said, please take it slow and be aware of the heat.
Cathy Skipper
When in doubt, just do the next right thing.

SMF

Teknoromi