Author Topic: Is this forum costing YOU money?  (Read 4845 times)

northie66

Is this forum costing YOU money?
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »
It is me.  I figure out all this stuff I need.  So far I ordered a momentary switch and polymer clay.  I also need some wax for my table.

I'm not complaining though... I love this place.  Tomorrow I'm going to fix my saw up so the blade is aligned... from all the help of my forum friends and Steve's help from the live chat last night.

So... has anyone else bought anything since being on this forum?

shissta

Re: Is this forum costing YOU money?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:51:14 pm »
A Dewalt scrollsaw, paste wax and a bunch of Charlie's patterns.

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:00:42 pm »
 :) It is hard not to buy stuff.  Especially when there is so much info about things that make our hobby easier and more fun.  The foot switch is almost a must.  I have never used the clay.  Have you used it yet?

Barry

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 11:01:03 pm »
Dang you figured out the evil plot. I'm trying to help the economy recovery. :)

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:07:43 pm »
I hve never used any wax.  My surface stays smooth and the pieces slide well.  I don't think I would want it any more slippery.

My birthday is coming up and I asked my wife for a mop sander.  I have an old corded drill that should work.  Steve has a good video about his shop set up and I am going to mount the drill like he has done.

Barry

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 11:08:07 pm »
Your doing a good job of it steve!! :D
Dan In Southern California

northie66

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 11:55:38 pm »
I haven't received the clay yet.  I'll keep you posted.

Marshall

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:30 am »
I hve never used any wax.  My surface stays smooth and the pieces slide well.  I don't think I would want it any more slippery.

My birthday is coming up and I asked my wife for a mop sander.  I have an old corded drill that should work.  Steve has a good video about his shop set up and I am going to mount the drill like he has done.

Barry
[/quotei] I thought that I was the only one that didn't need the wax on the table , this makes me feel better for sure . One thing about any hobby is that it does take money to do it , so don't feel bad because we can't take it with us ............Marshall

Wandascroller

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 05:54:21 am »
Weeelllllll I want to get some spare parts for my Delta 16" Scrollsaw - just in case. I want to try the clay. Then there is the new much more expensive saw - the only good one we can get here in Australia & the mop sander................ BUT I havn't spent anything yet.   I have to confess that I clean my saw table with engine oil & fine sand paper & then wipe off with an old nappy. Should get some wax..... This site is inspiring me to try different forms of cutting.

chips

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 08:13:43 am »
 Well.... Not exactly a lot of money but more than I would have if I hadn't signed up here. But what the heck. It's only money and you can't take it with you.

Dustyknees

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 06:30:23 pm »
There is always something I want or need for my scrolling..Nice wood is my thing. Pine is my bread and butter,but I love to cut a nice,exotic piece of wood..

Hmm..maybe I should Scrollsaw me a casket..then I CAN take it with me.. 8)

chief

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »
You can get plans for a casket, in fact there is a book on how to build caskets.  When I turn 65 I am building my own just for the hell of it, and so I can take it with me to the grave anyways.

northie66

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 09:51:00 pm »
I wanted to build my casket too.  I thought maybe Im just weird. I changed my mind though because I pictured them carrying me to the gravesite and it falling apart.

Becky

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 10:51:13 pm »
I changed my mind though because I pictured them carrying me to the gravesite and it falling apart.

LOLOL, I about split a gut laughing when I read that.  What a visual!

Dustyknees

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 11:00:08 pm »
Falling apart would not be good,Think I'll use oak instead of pine,lol

SMF

Teknoromi