Author Topic: First things you made  (Read 6168 times)

northie66

First things you made
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:53:59 pm »
This is the first thing I made from start to finish.  I keep it hung up in my shop.  It's from a tattoo pattern that I altered.

Do you have pictures of the first things you made?

[attachment deleted by admin]

patch

Re: First things you made
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:20:10 am »
This was a gift to my beloved and the first thing I made  

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:23:21 am by patch »

canadasgall

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:24:52 am »
since i am totally self taught and didnt even no these site existed or other people actually used a scroll saw i didnt even no what it was for lol but once i found different sites and forums it opened a whole new world. then oh my god i found different size blades, and differnt colored wood. the first thing i made was actually laughed at(there is no way i would post a pict. lol) and after 5 years im still learning new things thanks to the great people who share their info.

patch

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 06:32:05 am »
since i am totally self taught and didnt even no these site existed or other people actually used a scroll saw i didnt even no what it was for lol but once i found different sites and forums it opened a whole new world. then oh my god i found different size blades, and differnt colored wood. the first thing i made was actually laughed at(there is no way i would post a pict. lol) and after 5 years im still learning new things thanks to the great people who share their info.
We wouldn't laugh we all started some where and we are all still learning it dosn,t matter how long you
have been scolling

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 07:30:23 am »
The internet and digital cameras were not around when I started but my first projects were personalized Christmas ornaments that were dated.  I sent them to family members in place of cards and had a new design each year.

Marshall

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 10:14:19 am »
I wish I had took pictures of some of my earlier work , too many years ago and back then the picture taken sure wasn't as good as it is now for sure ........you guys have some fine pictures here of pretty work .........Marshall
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:13:21 am by Marshall »

cherie

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:07 am »
These are what I made fort he very first time on a Dremel that we bought from Lowes for 99 dollars.  They are made from balsa wood.

patch

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 01:52:22 am »
Cherie they look cute  simple and effective 

chips

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 08:58:49 am »
 As I've mentioned before on here. I started out scrolling back in the mid 50's, and the following pictures are my very first project and the tools I used. Didn't know there was such a thing as an actual scroll saw as we know it today. My Dad showed me how to set things up and how to use them.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 12:01:14 pm »
well the first things i made were a hideous mess seriously. sorry i have no pictures of that lol.

Crash Landing

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »
My first project was an Intarsia design. I used a 4 inch grinder and and lots of sandpaper. I am now hooked on the scroll saw. My first projects have been attempts at patterns graciously provided by Steve. I have nothing of merit yet to show but I am undaunted by that and will sally forth. Thank you Steve for your generosity and thank you Janet for the idea of using tattoos as patterns..

crash

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »
Here is a plaque Steve was kind enough to make a pattern for me. I also made one from his sight on girls volleyball for a grand daughter and wanted a diver for my grandson. Don't seem to have a pic of the volleyball plaque. Made this as one of my first projects on my Ryobi which I purchased to see if I would like scrolling.
Gary

I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

m_r_dxn

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 10:01:01 pm »
This is the first thing I ever made.  It was made in 1996.  I still have it.  It was dropped and broken once, but I was able to repair it to where now even I can't remember or find where it was broke before.  Sorry the picture quality isn't the best.

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17:42 pm »
The first thing I made was from a pattern on Steve's website.  It was a feather with a wolf in the center.  It is around here somewhere but I can't put my hand on it right now.  I do know I was hooked right away, though :)

Barry

Crash Landing

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 09:18:04 pm »
here is my first salvageable scroll saw endeavor.  After a few failures I got one that I could actually peal off the pattern and it looked like what I was hoping it would. Again, thanks Janet..for the tattoo idea.

crash

SMF

Teknoromi